The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: Shifter Bushings

Well I've gotten some interest from another thread over in the technical section about doing a run of shifter bushings. I just made a set up for 642 and they turned out well, so I'm getting a feeler for how much interest there is and whether its going to be worth doing a run of them. They will be made from delrin and the current planned pricing is $35 shipped in the lower 48 states + paypal fee.
Paypal address is [email protected]
Make sure that you note shifter bushings in the title and that your user name for here is included.

First let me specify that these are the bushing in the actual shifter assembly. A full set will be all 6 bushing which are labeled 2, 6, & 11 in the service manual.
EDIT: based on feedback from the test sets, The shoulder of 11 was turned thinner , since there are no sideloads on the bushing and its a pain to test fit due to the C-clip. Also found that out of the several sets that I finally got to measure, the bore variations were just tolerancing range. Final sets will all be shipped with identical 2/6 bushings packaged together and the 11 bushings packaged seperate.

I'll be turning them so that they are slightly thick on the shoulder that way that they can be sanded for a tight yet bind free feel. Based of the rough end of a lot of the factory components in mine I'm not expecting them to fit every car identically so this seems like the best way to do it without introducing slop to cover the factory tolerences. This is how I did mine and after a couple test fits and sanding on the length, it had no slop or bind. Feedback is welcome on this as its no more work for me to build in clearance for those who don't want to do the fitting process and aren't concerned about some potentially minor (~.005") slop.

Since I'm new I figure I should probably give a slight background on myself as well. I'm a technician in the prototype department at a R&D build. I do everything from CNC and manual machining to final inspection there. We primarily make prototype bearings and tooling for pretty much any any market you can think of, so these are well within my comfort level of making.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's awesome to have people like you around to step up and make things happen that are out of the reach of most avg people, thanks. I dream of having a cnc machine then wonder if I'd ever figure out how to use it.... Count me in for a set, if possible a set that will fit without any sanding I can see me sanding it uneven or something crazy with my luck. Pm me your pay pal info whenever they are ready.

JackbNimble

Hmmm...are these the same that will work for a '90 GGSX?

NateCrisman

As I said in the other thread, I want a set. just let me know price and paypal address.

Count me in. I'll be checking back for paypal information or just PM me what I need to do!

Chris

vegeta1170

That's sweet I'm in also.

I'm in, I desperately need this. I had no bushings there at all when i got the car. There's WAY too much slop.

Price is in the top post. $35 shipped.
Not sure on the GGSX compatibility. I think the bushings are the same, just different throw, but not positive. Can anyone chime in on this one?
The actual disassembly of the shifter to change them isn't bad at all. You will need a set of retainer ring pullers to get the c-clip off to get to set 11 though. Also make sure that you get the centering spring reinstalled correctly. The bigger pain is pulling the center councel.

So far I have:
1. Hertz
2. GalantGSX
3. NateCrimsan
4. Chrisco
5. Vegeta1170
6. hosmer
7. weed831
8. 1941galant

possibly...
JackNimble
Smooth Customer
Mooserage
kenGVR4
boosted 85

I have a GGSX and I imagine they are the same, I'm ordering them anyhow and if they don't work I'll resell them, so I will let you all know.

I'm going to be doing a 2 more sets w/ the material I have left tomorrow. NateCrisman and GalantGSX were the first 2 to call dibs in the original thread, so they'll be getting them to verify fit. GalantGSX will allow us to verify the GSX compatibility too. Once I get closer to a final count and the fits are confirmed i'll order material for the full run which i'll do in a couple weeks.

So here's the updated list:
1. Hertz
2. GalantGSX
3. NateCrimsan
4. Chrisco
5. Vegeta1170
6. hosmer
7. weed831
8. 1941galant
9. talon
10. boosted 85
11. AutoX VR4

possibly...
JackNimble
Smooth Customer
Mooserage
kenGVR4

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts