The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Big Brake kit 12.19" Aluminum Hats, 3000gt Sumitomo Calipers $400 plus ship

Bimmubishi

I have a front brake kit for sale from my Evo II- I've been using it at the track for a long time and the car has reached a state of development that requires more than this. I'm asking $400 for the following parts:

2 sets of rotors and hats. One set used, the other never used (kept as spare) Rotors are Circle track, commonly available for $30 bucks hats are 6061 alu CNC
3 sets of front brake pads, various compounds, all used but good. Endless, Hawk and EBC
Calipers (good condition no problems being sold with fresh dust seals)
Brackets- CNC steel brackets and hardware. Beefy, proven.

Other details:
One set of hats is drilled for 4 bolt AND 5 bolt. The new, spare is only 5 but could obviously be changed to 4 as well
These should fit GVR4 and DSM no problem. All the other brake parts swap over AFIK.
There is a photo below that also shows rear calipers. Those are for sale also but not as a part of this package.

Best to Email me at [email protected] rather than PM here. I will take a front set of Evo 8 brake calipers in trade for this stuff if anyone has them.

The whole deal is probably a couple K to make on your own. The pads alone cost more new than what I'm selling this whole setup for.

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Oh snap.

Bimmubishi

Nope, the rotor hats are though. I designed the hats to fit low-cost circle track rotors so they are easily replaced.

I've been using this kit for years and I'm still on the original rotors. Replacement rotors are between 30 and 75 dollars depending on vein type and brand.

Bimmubishi

Phith, I had them under 16" volk TE37s originally. Two things to consider, the barrel shape, offset and spoke pattern. Usually the expensive forged wheels have an accommodating barrel. Short answer, it will fit some 16" wheels and all 17" wheels provided they don't have a weird spoke pattern.

Alex

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Where you been man?

Bimmubishi

My car's been parked until this hillclimb at Mt Washington this summer. I did a reprep and a bunch of work to it and after doing the event I realized that I can probably hit one event a year without disrupting my life too much. Been cycling a lot, working a lot..

Philth

Quoting Bimmubishi:
Phith, I had them under 16" volk TE37s originally. Two things to consider, the barrel shape, offset and spoke pattern. Usually the expensive forged wheels have an accommodating barrel. Short answer, it will fit some 16" wheels and all 17" wheels provided they don't have a weird spoke pattern.

Alex

Sounds good. I've got a set of 15" SSR Type-Cs. Unfortunately dont think theyd clear despite an accommodating barrel.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Philth, you have mail. Essentially I have nearly new wheels for sale locally, that were only used to try out the 17" platform on my Colt, that could work for you.

Bimmubishi/Alex, posting this to see if this will move your parts down the road.
They look like capable parts indeed!

If 17x7.0 offset +40 CB 73mm, 4x114.3/4x110 would work, the pics are in your inbox.

Could be a temporary solution, with resale down the road as a long term goal to move to more genuine racing wheels.

My setup is using outboard mounted Galant rotors with large aluminum spacers to center the rotors and wheel outboard, so my spacing was a little different even with 4 pot Wilwoods in place. I just clear stock 91 style GVR4 rims, Galant rotors using Wilwood 120-5081 calipers and custom 7075 aluminum powdercoated spacers and calipers adapters.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts