The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Water to Air intercooler -- $125 shipped.

belize1334

4.5 x 6 x 10 L2A intercooler
Opposite facing 3" I/O
1/2" npt water fittings

I purchased this with plans to change my setup a bit (see pics) but I'm taking a new job next month so this project is getting scrapped. I intended to use this with a n/t throttle body (see pics) and I'll throw in the 3"x2.75" elbow that I was gonna use if you want it. Core volume is 275 in^3, putting this right between the spearco 2-230 and 2-231 units. I estimate that efficiency should be ~88% at 500cfm. Note that L2A efficiency is measured with respect to water temp so it's important to have a big front heat exchanger and a high-flowing pump to take advantage of that.

The core is brand new but has a minor defect. This can be seen in the photos where the internal cooling fins are a little dented up on the bottom row on both the inflow and the outflow side. This appears to be due to overheating when the end-tanks were welded on. I've looked closely with a dental mirror and it's only the first layer of fins that are this way so this should have NO EFFECT on the performance of the core, but it is a defect and should be stated up front. My asking price reflects this.

Also note: This core configuration (with opposite facing end tanks and 4.5x6x10 core volume) cannot be purchased in the US. Believe me I TRIED. I had to buythis unit directly from a chinese supplier and pay my own import export fees. If you're interested, it's the Tansky SL5044B unit and if you can find one domestically then you win the prize.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned