The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Partout: #1365/2000 Black 91 CRASHED

NateCrisman

Updated 3/22 (most everything aftermarket is sold)...rest is on performancepartout.com

Just picked up a 91 Black non-sunroof GVR4 today to part out...it was crashed HARDCORE.

DO NOT EVEN START UP WITH THE "SAVE IT" BS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

IMG_2217-X2.jpg

IMG_2218-X2.jpg

IMG_2219-X2.jpg

Some of the stuff that Iv dug into thus far today: (will get photos, and everything up on my website ASAP: PerformancePartout.com Will update thread once I get the heap off trailer and onto lift to work on it properly.

-6SS fuel inlet line from filter to rail

3" CM catback exhaust

High flow Cat..magneflow

16g turbo Evo3 turbine housing (looks like has a chipped compressor wheel blade though...gotta get it off and inspect. but spins free)

Nelson still has this motor, pending welding repair for me The motor is supposed to be the typical "low mileage JDM cyclone" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Looks like the front trans bolt "ear" cracked off and will need to be welded. I pulled valve cover, it's pretty clean in there. stock HG, stock head studs, stock cams....so I don't expect shenanigans.

Trans still here...useable for internal parts only...the cases have cracks or torn out threaded holes in multiple spots. $150 Trans I believe is original, will have to see what VIN stamp says. Has the original 3bolt rear in the car, Im not even going to bother taking any of that out.

Interior is in very rough shape anyway and being in a junkyard for weeks with no windows didn't help, there is very little Im going to bother taking other than the ECU, gauge cluster, a few random plastics and the engine wiring harness. Body is obviously demolished....I'll save door moldings, dogleg, fender moldings, tail lights, ect. Everything front doors forward is scrap.

Brakes look new...nice rotors and calipers. Suspension is stock junk. Wheels are stock black 91 wagon wheels. Maybe save the 4 lug hubs (although i have like 2 sets in stock already that none wants)

Pour one out for this galant. I hear driver wasn't seriously hurt, which I guess is the best news of the whole deal.

SOLD: ETS intake pipe
SOLD Coil on plug kit
SOLD Cyclone intake (pending no damage)
SOLD RC 550 injectors
SOLD Buschur bolt on SX fuel pressure regulator
SOLD 3G MAF with electric plug adapter
SOLD"what's left" of ETS FMIC pipe set...looks like the throttle body elbow/main upper pipe, and the 16g outlet pipe survived. Rest is junk. core is demolished.
SOLD Eprom ECU with key diver chip
SOLDWalbro 255 (hopefully sending unit is nice
SOLD Mitsuishi" red valve cover
SOLDFP exhaust manifold

Last edited:

4g6Tree

Interested in the FP manifold, ETS 16g crossover,and possibly the CM exhaust if the shipping doesn't kill me.

galantgti

Save it
Save it
Save it
SAVE IT

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

transparentdsm

he wasn't hurt to bad, he is alive. it was my brother-in-law. the ecu was rebuilt 3 years ago by ecmlink. how much did you pick the car up for?

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Well, IMHO I paid too much, since both the block and trans have chunks broken off them at the mounts from the hit. I couldn't see those areas till it was half disassembled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

NateCrisman

Added links in the first post for the items that have been removed/photographed for sale.

Im getting time crunched, so the motor/trans/turbo/exhaust is still in the car. Im going to florida for a week (www marathon again) from Jan 1 to Jan 11 Be back in the shop on 12th, and then ill start pulling the rest apart.

Also looks like he original badge for this car was #250/2000

Last edited:

belize1334

If the plastic retaining clips for the hood prop are there I'll take those. I'm also looking for the jack accessories (the vinyl bag and bent piece that work with the lug-wrench to make the scissor jack work). Willing to pay reasonable cost + shipping. Oh and the fuel sending unit -- my gauge still won't register full on a full tank so I'm curious to see if a new sending unit will fix the problem...

Last edited:

TravVR4

I might be interested in a few things. I need the plastic trim from the passenger side just in front of the door. In fact, maybe I want both sides and all the other plastics for the rocker moldings. What else..... oh, I don't know..... it is late, I will check your site and get back to you. Where are you located?

NateCrisman

Quoting belize1334:
If the plastic retaining clips for the hood prop are there I'll take those. I'm also looking for the jack accessories (the vinyl bag and bent piece that work with the lug-wrench to make the scissor jack work). Willing to pay reasonable cost + shipping. Oh and the fuel sending unit -- my gauge still won't register full on a full tank so I'm curious to see if a new sending unit will fix the problem...

I probably have all this stuff from prior partout gallants....Illl check this morning and get back to you asap.

NateCrisman

Quoting TravVR4:
I might be interested in a few things. I need the plastic trim from the passenger side just in front of the door. In fact, maybe I want both sides and all the other plastics for the rocker moldings. What else..... oh, I don't know..... it is late, I will check your site and get back to you. Where are you located?

I haven't updated the website with any of the stock parts from this car yet....the black body parts and any misc interior/electrical stuff I can save. I generally do it in one big spreadsheet type update after Iv finished pulling parts and have separated the broken junk from the good parts. Unfortunately this one...the vast majority is scrap.

VR6Eater

Is the front right dogleg intact? I need one.

NateCrisman

yes, both front fender moldings are ok, the door moldings are ok, and the pass side rear dogleg molding is ok. Driver side dogleg was missing.

I just added these 7 items to inventory, so they are available for online ordering.

PerformancePartout.com

Last edited:

NateCrisman

NateCrisman

All that is useable is the throttle body elbow, and the section of upper pipe that has the box flange. Everything else is squashed, I scrapped 5 pieces and the core.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts