The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: JDM Bumpers & Foglights - New Jersey

NateCrisman

Selling the JDM bumpers and foglight off #610/1000. Im not into these, and plan to put regular USDM bumper covers on the car prior to vinyl wrap and use the car as a daily driver.

Located in Blairstown, New Jersey 07825 I would REALLY prefer someone pick these up in person, drop off their USDM front bumper, rather than dealing with greyhound shipping.

They are currently painted grey, but it's chipping off, so they need to be sanded & painted to match your car. The urethane covers have no cracks or structure damage, just seem to need paint. The pass side fog light has a crack in the glass, both fogs should be carefully disassembled and cleaned out and repaint the silver inside.

Anyway....I had people jumping all over this when I posted pics of the car.....$950 + your reasonable condition stock front bumper. (I already have a few rear covers in stock that are nice enough to wrap over)

P1130241-X2.jpg

P1130242-X2.jpg

P1130243-X2.jpg

P1130244-X2.jpg

P1130245-X2.jpg

P1130249-X2.jpg

P1130250-X2.jpg

P1130248-X2.jpg

NateCrisman

Im not taking "I Call Dibs", Im not holding them without a paypal deposit. First person that plunks down the money gets them

[email protected] for paypal and questions. 862 251 2571 TXT only for questions.

DO NOT PM ME HERE THEN COMPLAIN I DIDNT GET BACK TO YOU QUICK ENOUGH

Last edited:

prove_it

I imagine the for sale section is like a wet dream for wop now with all these JDM bumpers for sale.

NateCrisman

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Why does it look like all the metal support skeleton is missing now?

What you see is what came off the car

Crap. Missed the pics of the front inside brackets. Two aluminum brackets that bolted to the spot the oem crash bar attaches

The rear cover was held on with 10mm screws on the sides and some 12mm head screws on the bottom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting prove_it:
I imagine the for sale section is like a wet dream for wop now with all these JDM bumpers for sale.

I have my own, thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Interesting that they're missing the support structure. Throw up some pics of the undersides. I'm curious to see how it was all fastened to the car.

mcbride89

Wow... I can't imagine you getting close to 1000 for bumpers that don't have the metal supports. Maybe half of that.

GLWS

NateCrisman

P1130247-X2.jpg

P1130246-X2.jpg

That's the mounts on the front bumper cover along with 2 10mm screws going up into the fender from the wheel well.

The rear cover was attached: 4 12mm head screws on the bottom by the fuel tank. 4 10mm head screws by the wheel wells. That's it.

NateCrisman

Quoting mcbride89:
Wow... I can't imagine you getting close to 1000 for bumpers that don't have the metal supports. Maybe half of that.

GLWS

No prob...I don't mind keeping them, they just make the car more valuable when I sell it after it's rebuilt, so I'll pull value out of it either way. Im negotiable on price some, but not half...haha...not for glorified mounting brackets.

Frankly...I can't imagine what difference the internal metal structure makes....you buy these for cosmetic reasons only...that's their only function...cosmetics. Anyone working on a GVR4 project car, should have ten times the engineering skill needed to take $15 to home depot, buy some hardware and metal stock, and whip up a few brackets. If someone can't attach a urathane bumper cover to a car, chances are they aren't a GVR4/DSM enthusiast anyway....god forbid when they have to do real work like build a motor/swap a turbo/change a clutch.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

mcbride89

I hope it didn't come off rude. Just implying that at that price, they'd at least come with the metal support. Not just some homemade home Depot brackets. What's to keep the bumper from flexing and or warping.

NateCrisman

From what Nelson is telling me, the JDM metal parts are just brackets...there is no support, no structure, and no crash protection at all. It's just a couple brackets to attach the cosmetic bumper to the car.

jnava

Staff member
This pic shows the support brackets which is considerable difference from just a simple bracket.
shareprofile

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Im not going to argue with you guys over the childishly simple mounting of a cosmetic piece of urathane with puny 2lb factory sheetmetal brackets vs "DIY" brackets that both just hang a piece of plastic in the right spot. This is rediculous IMHO. I have no trouble just bolting these back on the car and calling this done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

You like the looks of the different cover ...great..make an offer and bolt them on. Otherwise, this conversation just raises my blood pressure and serves no purpose

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Thread with pics regarding the rear bracket...you can make one for $15 that will function exactly the same as the jdm sheetmetal bracket.

https://www.galantvr4.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB3&Number=1084735&page=0&fpart=1

Thread that has good pics of the JDM front bumper brackets...that are literally just sheetmetal brackets to hold the urethane cover on.... the brackets that come with mine do the same thing...you could add a horizontal connection between those two aluminum brackets if you really wanted to. (notice this guy's prices) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
https://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=1174642

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Not arguing, but saying that in Juan's picture you can also see the end structure brackets that give support and shape to the cover. Do they serve a purpose? Yes. Can you live without them? Probably. Not necessarily superfluous as you are suggesting.

But if it's all about the looks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prove_it

For what's it worth, I've run my front bumper with no metal behind it (from being damaged) for years and never saw any warping, bumper failing, or black holes in the universe opening up.

I'm with Nate on this. IF you got a problem, take it to PMs and don't clutter up a thread over something stupid.

People are allowed to sale their parts for what they want, not what you guys decide.

NateCrisman

Thanks.

yeah...just to clarify....What I am saying is that the JDM oem brackets to not serve any purpose when it comes to safety or structure in an accident. They aren't like the USDM heavy-ass crash beam that actually is structurally supportive. The JDM metal parts are just hanging brackets to keep the cover on and straight, and you can run "home made" ones that will do the exact same thing with no functional change.

Apologies that I got all pissy and indignant last night.. hahahaha I was in a pissy mood all together! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Im negotiable on the price....not HALF or less negotiable....but there is wiggle room.

Last edited:

turbophein

i need the fog light trim pieces (4). $75 shipped?

NateCrisman

open to relsionble offers...would like to see these gone

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned