The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Helical Cut Oil Pump Gears

ronnycordova

I have a brand new set of helical gears that I pulled out of a new front plate to swap out for straight-cut. Mitsubishi sells them new for $80 plus shipping a pair so I figure $40 or best offer if anyone is interested in them.

alansupra94

Why the switch for straight cut gears if you don't mind me asking?

raptorWagon

I'll bet to say his oil pump/front case came with helical gears and he has a 6 bolt, the oem gears for 6 bolts are straight cut and 7 bolts have helical.

RayH

Helical gears also apply a perpendicular load which sometimes can wear into the front case.

pauleyman

Quote:
I'll bet to say his oil pump/front case came with helical gears and he has a 6 bolt, the oem gears for 6 bolts are straight cut and 7 bolts have helical.

6 Bolts could have helical gears also. Depends on the year.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned