The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: OFE SS PP South Bend Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel *****SOOOLLLLLDD****

thecman02

Hello. I got my clutch and flywheel setup I was using before I converted over to Twin Disk. This unit has 7500 miles on it and has tons of life left.

Here's some more info from TMZPerformance's website.

[ This South Bend Clutch Stage 4 Clutch Kit is an excellent choice for DSM's making up to 500-550TQ while retaining a street clutch feel. The SS-Series pressure plate has a clamping force of ~2200#. Don't let this fool you into thinking that it cannot handle the power though. Their special OFE-Series Sprung Full-Face Organic/Feramic Dual Friction clutch disk is capable of handling substantially more power and abuse than a regular street disk without excessive wear or glazing issues. The Organic material allows the clutch to be slipped like a street disk, but engage like a puck-clutch when you drop the hammer! This pressure plate is also very friendly on your crank's thrust bearing, as it will put substantially less pressure on the crank than other manufacturer's high-clamping-force pressure plates. This is the smart step in preventing crankwalk on your 4G63 with a clutch that can handle up to 550TQ on a single disk setup.

If you are intending on street-driving this clutch as its main use, you are fine with any stock or aftermarket flywheel (ACT, Fidanza, etc.). If you are intending on regularly racing the car with multiple passes of back-to-back launches and very high clutch surface temperatures, TMZ Performance recommends that you use an ACT Streetlite Chromoly Steel flywheel or the stock flywheel as it has a better capacity of dissipating heat than an aluminum flywheel with a steel replacement friction surface. IF YOU USE AN ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL WITH THIS CLUTCH DISK -- LET THE CAR COOL DOWN BETWEEN RUNS!!! This is strongly recommended because the aluminum flywheel and the replacement carbon steel friction surface have different expansion rates and heat dissipation rates. You can warp your replacement flywheel friction surface from extended high-heat launches and abuse! With that said, we recommend ACT StreetLite Chromoly Steel flywheels for high-power and heavy-abuse racers that are doing alot of launches back-to-back with little cool-down time! If you are doing primarily street driving, and some races here and there, while allowing proper cool-down of the clutch between runs, the Fidanza Aluminum flywheel is a great choice. These warnings are being disclosed to people that are making high horsepower/torque and are constantly racing! This clutch is extremely capable, and is an excellent street/strip clutch that can handle alot of abuse and still keep on kicking for alot of miles! If you overheat this clutch from too much clutch slipping, you will increase the likelyhood of burning out the organic friction material.

This clutch is rated by the manufacturer conservatively at 550TQ.]

Last edited:

curtis

Free bump....I had the same set-up in mine before the PTT. DXD makes a damn nice unit.

thecman02

Throwing out a bump. Everyone has nothing but good things to say about this setup that's run it. Forgot to mention this will come with the flywheel to crank bolts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts