The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2 Galants at Junkyard-SoCal

GSTwithPSI

I Found two Galants at the pick and pull today. They are both at the import Ecology yard in Chula Vista.

-Galant number 1 was a BG 1991 GVR4. I believe this car is the same one mentioned here click The motor is gone, but the trans is still there. The stock intercooler is there. Looks like someone did a 5 lug swap, since all four corners are sporting 5 lugs and slotted rotors. I'm debating on whether or not to go back and get these for myself. The interior is pretty much gutted save a few trim pieces. Tails are there in fairly good shape. No dash badge or ECU. Fuel tank is gone as well as the pump. Rear diff is gone and most of the drive train is gone also. Bumpers are shot, but there are a few pieces of cladding left in fair shape. I'll try to answer any specific questions, just ask here so that other members can see what's been asked/answered. Iceman can cross this on off the list VIN# JA3CX56U3MZ007380.

Edit- I learned this car was number 496/2000 previously owned by this member: click
WP_000068.jpg

WP_000069.jpg

WP_000070.jpg

WP_000071.jpg

WP_000072.jpg

And this is why I love VR4 owners. I walked up and this message was scrawled in dust...
WP_000073.jpg

-Galant number 2 was a gold 1992 Galant LS. Pretty much complete minus the grill and corner lights. The tails were in good shape and still there.
WP_000065.jpg

WP_000064.jpg

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Dang, i need to get down there and swoop on the BG car for the tails and trunk lid. Too bad i need to work on my other car to get it ready for a road trip up to Mammoth. Hopefully it will be there next week...

P.S. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Yeah no prob. Forgot to mention the spoiler for the BG VR4 was there too, just set off to the side. Thought I'd point that out since you were interested in the deck lid.

GSTwithPSI

Front bumper was off the car and completely destroyed. The car is actually resting on the rear bumper supported by the stack of rims welded together you see in the pics. The bumpers are pretty much un-salvageable.

GSTwithPSI

Yeah I am pretty sure the trunk trim pieces were in the LS, but not positive. They were definitely gone in the BG VR4 though. I'm thinking of possibly going back tomorrow. I'll check for you if I do.

How much do you think the tails on the LS would go for?

I'd gladly pay you for them if you can have them shipped to San Jose, CA.

89Mirageman

Wow, it's so sad to see these rust free cars scrapped and people are fixing rust on their rides. Looks like the one I stumbled across a few years ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

496of2000

That was my old car. 496. The ac quit, no heater, motor quit running when I was driving it. It's been sitting in my buddys driveway for over a year. He called me one night and said it was leaking fuel. I came over to fix the leak, that night. Donated it a few days later. I didn't have the time or money to repair it.

turbowop

Quoting transparentdsm:
take that transmission out of it too. VR4 specific transmissions are hard to come by.

Huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Only difference is first gear. It's weaker.

GSTwithPSI

No fog lights. I'm going back down there today to pick up the 5 lug swap for myself. I'll also try and pull the LS tails, AC lines and trunk trim that was asked about. Anyone else can email me at [email protected] in the next few hours and hit me up with anything you need while I'm down there and I'll do my best to grab what I can for you guys.

SouthCaliVR4

Hey, I have a pair of front five lug hubs, I'll even pop new studs in for ya & remove the race. part trade for the trunk stuffs? hell bring me brgs & I'll pop those in for ya too. in fact I have the knuckles off the vr4, running fwd ones on mine, however you want to go....

Let me know & I'll hook up with you when I run down to pick up my seats @ greyhound.

I'd give you my phone number but my phone got jacked. six year old beat flip, who the f*** would want it?!?

yeti

I see you saw MY message in the window hahahah,
I put that there right before i left with the bumper support, in hope to stop one of the workers if they were going to crush, I put it on the other side to.

( to be honest i though it was really cheesy but couldent help to not write it)

I took off all the trim I could and set it in the trunk, I also removed headlights, I was going to take it but I had no more money..

the front bumper was torn to sh*t when i took it off.

ALL OF THE BODY CLADDING SHOULD BE THERE THOUGH, and a full headliner W/ sunroof, gauge cluster also there with only 132K on it..

Also had whiteline sway bars on it. like I said I ran out of money..

GSTwithPSI

I made another trip to the pull yard today to pick up the parts I didn't get the day before. I also pulled some parts requested by other members:

-SouthCaliVR4 I pulled all of the trunk lining and trunk trim I could from both Galants in the yard. Sorry man but pickings were pretty slim.

-fisherking pulled the 92 LS tails for you.

-Gary_Chiu I looked for your A/C lines but the GVR4 there didn't have any that weren't damaged or missing. The LS did appear to have a complete system, but I wasn't sure of the similarities between trims so I didn't pull the lines like you asked. Let me know if the A/C lines off the LS would still work for you.

For all the guys I pulled parts for, check here click . You have first dibs on anything you requested, so PM me and let me know whats up.

JamesFoster

crap! I have a BG I need stuff off this car too!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts