The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: Dogbox Racing stg 3 AWD trans $900

NateCrisman

SOLD in Jun 2012. Shipped to CA via UPS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rebuilt and upgraded by Dogbox Racing in NJ: Stage 3 trans with 4spider gear center differential. This came out of GVR4 110/2000 that I bought to part out, and the previous owner of the car says it "shifted like butter". I do not know the exact mileage on the trans or age since the rebuild. The only issues with it are that the cases were painted black, but the majority of the paint has since flaked off and the bell housing has had a crack Tig welded near the upper front engine/trans bolt (shouldn't affect anything other than cosmetics).

Price is $900 + actual shipping.

PLEASE email me at [email protected] or shoot me a txt at 862 251 2571. DO NOT PM ON THE FORUM Feel free to send me your address via email/txt and I will get you a shipping quote with UPS. I'm located in Blairstown, NJ 07825 for a local cash&carry deal.

Below is the pricing from Dogbox's website (via wayback machine, since the website is currently down) Note the 4spider Center Diff is a $300 upgrade on top of the $1980 price for the stage 3 rebuild.

Stage 3..........................................................................................................................$1,980.00
This price includes all labor and complete parts below:

: New Evo III 3rd Double Synchro Gear
: New Evo III 4th Double Synchro Gear
: New Evo III 3rd & 4th Double Synchros
: New OEM Intermediate Shaft
: New OEM Center Differential Housing
: New OEM Center Differential Lower Bearing
: New 3-4 Hub/Sleeve
: Welded Center Differential (this specific trans has a $300 4spider center diff, not a welded diff)
: New 1-2 Hub/Sleeve
: New 2nd Gear
: New 2nd Gear Double Synchro
: New 1st,3rd,4th,5th, & Reverse Synchros
: New 1-2, 3-4, 5th-Reverse Synchro Springs
: New 1-2, 3-4, 5th-Reverse Synchro Keys
: New Tapered Input Shaft Upper & Lower Bearings
: New Tapered Intermediate Shaft Upper & lower Bearings
: New Half Shaft Seals,Input Shaft Seal, & Output Shaft Seal
: New 1-2 & 3-4 Forks
: New Roll Pins
: New End Nuts
: New Select Lever Shoe
: New Neodymium Trash magnet Upgrade
: Modified Oil Guides
: Your transmission will be disassembled, cleaned, and all parts inspected. It will then be reassembled and shimmed

Last edited:

NateCrisman

SOLD. Paypal payment received already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned