The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Parting out 430/1000 Chicagoland area

GSNT

I bought 430/1000 from St. Paul about 4 months ago and now that I'm settled into my new house and have the garage ready to rock, I'm going to part it out. I'm posting this from work so I don't have any pictures at the moment but I will upload some hopefully tonight.

The car is summit white, complete, and bone stock as of now. It is pretty beat up and a little rusty body wise so I wouldn't ask about the body panels. The previous owner said the transmission is rebuilt, I can't verify operation because I have never driven it. It does appear that the head and turbo have been off and replaced. It almost starts and run but the fuel sending unit is just leaking too badly to get sufficient fuel pressure at the rail.

If you are interested in anything, just post up, send me a PM, or text me at 773-501-5057 and tell me what your interested and I will check it out on the car and let you know if it's worthwhile or not.

Here is a link to the original thread for the car.. click

Regards,
Eric

GSX_TC

Alot of VR4's being parted out recently

yeah, mixed emotions on that... Sucks that the cars aren't worth enough really to fix... Though if someone was to build a racecar now would be the time while the parts and cars can still be found... $10k and you could probably mop up the market and have plenty of spars for the next 5 years at least...

yeah everytime i see one part out i kinda get sad.. but eventually you will all part yours out and i will have the only two mwahahahahahahha

GSX_TC

Haha I was thinking the same thing, the more the others parts theirs, the more ours become that much more rare.

dsm10o0

go to dsmtalk build section and look for a 2g that's rotted to hell and getting a second life.

sucks to see vr4s being parted out left and right.

anyways, how much for the alternator?

GSNT

This thing is just beat and really not worth saving in my opinion. The northern rust belt does not discriminate when it comes to common versus rare cars, it eats them all.

I checked all the PMs and posts and will check everything out tomorrow and get back with everyone if I haven't already done so.

GSNT

Well tonight I drained the old gas and put some new gas in it and it runs, pretty good in fact. It idles good, compression is good, good voltage, and doesn't leak any oil to my surprise. I can't drive it due to the fact that the driveshaft is disconnected and everything is rusted up like crazy.

I'm still going to part it out though. The framerail next to the alternator is totally gone on the inside and the bottom of the car looks like mammoth cave. Mother nature has just doomed this thing.

Some more details about the condition of the parts. Fuel sending unit is F'd, front bumper is destroyed, windshield is cracked, trunk lid is pretty dented, left rear quarter is bashed in, passenger side skirt (long piece) is broken, dash is good except for one little quarter inch cut near the passenger a/c vent.

Number plate is for sale, no keychain, 430/1000. I'll entertain the best offer, I know I've seen them go for well over $100.

Post, PM, text or call if your interested in anything. I can have the stuff off the same day or next and shipped out very quickly. We have a bad ass shipping dept. at work with very good UPS discount so I'll take care of everyone.

Eric

maroonmetallic

Lower radiator mounts salvageable?

A previous owner cut mine off of the subframe & I am looking to replace them.

Thanks!
-Shawn

KT

PM sent.

GSNT

Quoting dsm10o0:
how much for the alternator?

$25 plus shipping? Probably $40-50 total I would imagine.

maroonmetallic

Any pictures of the radiator mounts?

Condition of the rear calipers??

maroonmetallic

Inner fender liners available?
I have the flat pieces, I need the pieces that are curved to the tire radius.

Thanks!

I'd like the rear speaker area the carpet part and the speaker/covers if there and the bumper filler between the headlights and the bumper if not rusted to hell

WiSu

I too would like to know on the wiring harness, second in line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts