sleepyvr4
(I Hate Kitty Cats)
10/18/05 09:48 AM
who sockets ecu's now?

I guess jeff isn't doing it, I refuse to, but I think the dsmlink peeps are doing it. Anyone else?

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
10/18/05 10:05 AM
Re: who sockets ecu's now?

Terry Possen does it, and he does a very nice job in a timly manner.

JB
(Other)
10/18/05 10:55 AM

+1. Mine is going to him this week, I hope.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
10/18/05 11:14 AM

Where is Terry located? Mike from Pocketlogger isn't doing them anymore, so I'm looking for someone in CA, if you know of any.
http://www.dsmchips.com/repairs.htm

JB
(Other)
10/18/05 11:17 AM

Davenport IA.

DarkDevilMMM
(if I want a potential headache, I rather just get another GVR4)
10/18/05 11:32 AM

Quote:

Where is Terry located? Mike from Pocketlogger isn't doing them anymore, so I'm looking for someone in CA, if you know of any.
http://www.dsmchips.com/repairs.htm

couple of the VR4 guys here in CA are EEs including me, I am pretty sure most of us can do it

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
10/18/05 12:01 PM

Dave Mertz in MD is still doing it to my understanding.
Send him an email [email protected]

KGVR4
(Senior Member)
10/18/05 12:24 PM

I would recommend Steve Piette in Illinois. Hes very good and the turnaround is amazing.
http://simon.chi.il.us/~steve/Auto/DSM/ECURepair.html

rgeier11
(sled driving mullet brain)
10/18/05 01:22 PM

I second Steve Piette. He socketed 1g DSMLink in my Talon along with replacing the caps.

He also fixed my bad GVR4 ECU and changed the caps. GREAT GUY WITH GREAT SERVICE!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
10/18/05 01:38 PM

rgeier11,

Good to see you here... finally!

G-

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
10/18/05 03:27 PM

Quote:

couple of the VR4 guys here in CA are EEs including me, I am pretty sure most of us can do it

Thats what I would think, that CA is crawling with qualified electronics guys, but I could never locate one, until Mike from Pocketlogger notified me. But, he's evidently getting out of that game, so I need a RELIABLE person to refer CA people to.

Terry Posten
(Old Balls)
10/18/05 03:34 PM

Quote:

Terry Possen does it, and he does a very nice job in a timly manner.

$20.00 for the caps, socket, and cleaning of acid.
$9.00for shipping ground UPS
$17.00 for 2nd day air UPS
$25.00 for next day air

Just make sure you send a letter of who you are, how to reach you, return shipping address (no PO Boxes), when you need it back by.

Send to: Digital Delay Electronics, Attn: Terry Posten, 2036 Filmore street, Davenport, Iowa 52804.

Send me a PM before you send it out so I know when to expect to see it.

I had to edit my shipping price list due to UPS rates for 48 states. Sorry for that. On a side note, I cannot garentee what I do will fix a broken ECU. I will replace caps and socket it and during the cleaning process to get the acid off, I will fix runs where possible. If it worked before you send it to me, it will work after. Sorry.

Nijasan
(polevault tard)
10/18/05 04:04 PM

I need one socketed in CA. I don't feel too comfortable trying to do it myself.

DarkDevilMMM
(if I want a potential headache, I rather just get another GVR4)
10/18/05 05:20 PM

I can help out local guys as much as I can, but I kind of don't want to get into all the libility and all those problems I may run into, coz I may not have time
Butif you are around sacramento area or would like to drive to sacramento, feel free to pm me, drop by my house, I can do it right there, just bring some beer with ya

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page