4Grim
(I deliver.)
06/01/05 10:41 PM
9g RalliArt Galant PRAISED

Even those the new Galants look like tanks...I have driven the new GTS V6 and even for its size its pretty nimble. I would love to test drive this 9g RalliArt if it becomes a production car. Here is the Motor Trend test drive article

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0503_fs_galant/index.html

mistaVR4
(Rest in Peace)
06/02/05 12:30 AM
Re: 9g RalliArt Galant PRAISED

I like it! I'd buy one.

quasimondo
(Running on Empty)
06/02/05 05:04 AM

They'd be silly not to make this. The front end is still ugly as sin, though.

steveGalant VR4.org Administrator
(Key Fob Guy)
06/02/05 07:20 AM

Quote:

Galants aren't supposed to slalom at 69 mph. They don't run the quarter mile in 14.4 seconds at 98.5 mph and can't do Motor Trend's figure-eight in 25.7 seconds. And no Galant behaves like an Evo.

Polish
(Dr. Pilosh Haagenscodyberger)
06/02/05 08:13 AM

I would drive a Galant, they are pretty cool. Oh wait I already do. That new one is sweet though.

Muskrat
(Senior Member)
06/02/05 03:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Galants aren't supposed to slalom at 69 mph. They don't run the quarter mile in 14.4 seconds at 98.5 mph and can't do Motor Trend's figure-eight in 25.7 seconds. And no Galant behaves like an Evo.

Quote:

But this one does.

I know another one that does

G
(JDM Unit)
06/02/05 05:56 PM

rre hmmm..

Redlinegvr4
(mines lame, figuratively speaking!)
06/02/05 07:45 PM

ya i think my galant would easily put up those numbers

4Grim
(I deliver.)
06/03/05 07:06 AM

Quote:

Yah..I was pretty puzzled about the comment myself. I am sure the current Motor Trend staff is a bunch of young guys who never knew that GVR4's existed. Maybe someone here should email them a Back issue when they test drove the GVR4 back then.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/03/05 07:09 AM

yeah seen it at the NYC auto show..very nice color. I would buy one. But what happens to the brand name of galant vr4??

steveGalant VR4.org Administrator
(Key Fob Guy)
06/03/05 08:17 AM

What do you mean G4? Its not a VR4, right off the bat its non-turbo and FWD.

JB
(Other)
06/03/05 08:42 AM

^the 2 worst things about it imo.

rheckert
(I Love Wagons)
06/03/05 09:59 AM

^ +1

Mark LaVallee
("Satan's" Wrenchman)
06/03/05 10:16 AM

The worst thing is it is ugly and weighs as much as your average aircraft carrier.

I am pleasantly surprised when one of the great unwashed praises our car. However I don't expect it, and I do not hold my breath.

joec
(or maybe lick the biss)
06/03/05 12:07 PM

Quote:

what is a stock vr4's slalom speed and breaking distance and 0-60mph time with someoneo who would drive it like they stole it? Maybe we should complain to their magazine. Do they not know that we are still here?

http://www.minnstech.com/galantspec.htm

0-60mph: 6.8sec (Manufacturer), 7.0sec (Car and Driver), 7.3sec (Motor Trend), 7.9sec (Design News)
0-100mph: 21.9sec (Car and Driver)
Standing 1/4 mile: 15.2sec @ 89 mph (Manufacturer), 15.6sec @ 88mph (Car and Driver), 15.6sec @ 89mph (Motor Trend)
Top Speed: 130mph (Manufacturer), 132 (Car and Driver), 130 (Design News)
Skidpad: 0.78g (Car and Driver), 0.80g (Motor Trend), 0.77g (Design News)
Braking 70-0mph: 183ft (Car and Driver)
Braking 60-0mph: 130ft (Motor Trend)
Slalom: 60.8mph (Car and Driver), 64.9mph (Motor Trend)

It was impressive by 1991 standards, but not so much by today's standards. A current V6 4-door Honda Accord automatic would probably best all these numbers stock-for-stock

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/03/05 01:01 PM

Hummm...
Would make a nice family car/daly, Silver or Black... droped... on 20's PIMP'N!

JB
(Other)
06/04/05 06:38 AM

20" volks...

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/04/05 01:58 PM

Quote:

What do you mean G4? Its not a VR4, right off the bat its non-turbo and FWD

No, I mean...why don't they bring a VR4 galant again here....it's a shame

4Grim
(I deliver.)
06/04/05 06:13 PM

Quote:

Well..after the 6g Gen Galant, there wasn't any real market for mid size sedans to be performance based, the focus was praticality, reliability, and price. The North American market during the mid to late 90's were SUV's...its what consumers wanted, so manufactures put it out there. Just recently Mid Size "performance" sedans are becoming more popular probably due to the early to mid 90's young "performance" sport compact owners now having family's wanting more of that type of car rather than a SUV and not to mention gas prices these days. 7th gen and 8th gen Galant continued the VR-4 model in Europe and Asia but instead using a V6 twin turbo AWD setup. Mitsu finally got on the bandwagon with mid size performance cars...Nissan beefed up there Altima and Maxima and even Mazda is not offering a AWD V6 turbo Mazda 6.

Here are some pics of the VR4's we never got to see in the U.S. shores:

Here are the E8 chassis 7th Gens

Here is a E8 7th Gen with a 6th Gen GVR4 4g63t swap

Here are some E9 8th Gen VR-4s

Thats JUN Racing's Time Attack 800hp+ VR4

Muskrat
(Senior Member)
06/06/05 04:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's quite simple really. It would create competition for the Evo, which is already selling poorly.

quasimondo
(Running on Empty)
06/07/05 09:18 PM

Which is the same reason why you'll never see an AWD 4G Eclipse

Muskrat
(Senior Member)
06/09/05 03:46 PM

actually i think an AWD eclpse might work out better. The galant obviously not, because the Evo is the same thing, a turbo, awd, 4 door. But an eclipse is more of a sporty looking vehicle, which might appeal to a crowd that the Evo doesn't.

joec
(or maybe lick the biss)
06/09/05 09:16 PM

Didn't seem to stop Subaru -- WRX, STI, Legacy GT sedan and wagon, Outback sedan and wagon, Forester XT and Baha.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/21/05 12:09 PM

yeah but Subaru didnt get the crap kicked out of them with the WRX like Mitsu did with the Eclipse, that put them in a bad financial position, so now "trying new things out" is a little difficult.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/21/05 02:36 PM

that would be so sweet if the 4g eclipse was awd turbo.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/21/05 02:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's quite simple really. It would create competition for the Evo, which is already selling poorly.

that is flawed logic, a company wants to build brand recognition in ALL markets. That way an owner of 'mitsu family sedan' will likely buy a 'mitsu sports car' if he's in the market for that and loves the sedan, and visa versa. And saying a galant vr4 (2006 aka battleship/freighliner edition) would compete with an evo is absurd. totaly different markets. the legacy GT is for people wanting a wrx/sti but isnt practical + people that want a peppy/performance sedan. The gvr4 would be the same.

Creating lots of hubub about mitsubishi as a brand will sell more cars, ALL models/sales will benefit from a succesful mitsu model (new eclipse might just be the one to do it). that thing is suhweet!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/21/05 06:04 PM

i saw the new eclipse at the dealership here in savannah. i want to go take a closer look, and see the inside as well. i've seen pictures but thats not enough.

i think its a step in the right direction and will hopefully sell. motor trend states in there latest mag on the the shelves that if the eclipse fails its going to hurt mitsubishi a lot, it could even start a steady decay. i think they are right, but i just don't understand why. the mitsubishi name is something that has been tested time and time again in rally and with good results. it just feels like everyone forgot that. whats the quickest thing out there that can be had for under 35k? the evo viii mr fq400, so whats the deal? i hope people start buying mitsubishi cars because i fear they might start to fade away...

i don't know if there is a big enough market to bring back the galant vr4 but i know we would all like to see another in the states. an awd eclipse is probably more likely. i just think they should use that 4g63t a little more frequently.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/22/05 10:23 AM

WOW! for all of us being Mitsubishi guys we shore do bitch about them a lot, although logick and seven26 had some good things to say.
Here's the skinny an AWD system WILL fit under the new Eclipse and according to my Mitsu. Rep. they are talking about it for when it gets its face lift in 2008.
The Ralliart Galant will be on the market in 2007 as ether an opt. package or an actual model I don't know much more than that.
Oh and for who ever said that the EVO doesn't sell well they are wrong.
The EVO is the halo car made more for bragging rights. Since 1992 the EVO has always sold only a few thousand a year.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Unregistered)
06/23/05 03:21 PM

Anyone know the numbers on how many EVO's have sold since they came out in 2003?I would think it's at least 3k a year or more. They only made 1000 MR's for 2005, they had to sell all those or they would not of made them.

I have to admit I do see more Sti's around my area then EVO's, on average I'll see 1 to 2 evo's a day, when I see 3 to 4 Sti's a day. EVO's seem to be popular in my town though, there is at least 4 just in Lafayette. On the other hand WRXs are everywhere, I see like at least 10 a day. I think Subaru sells more car's in Co then any other state, when I visited Florida I didin't see ONE WRX, but here in Colorado there about as common as a Jeep Cherokee.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page