15psi88
(Member)
02/25/14 09:26 PM
Quite possibly a build thread..

I will come back and update this later, when I get pictures and everything else organized. For now, I wanted to show my wheel and tire fitment I FINALLY fitted up tonight.
It's taken far too long for this, but I LOVE it!
I was forced to take a break from this car for a bit, but I've been working on it steadily now. I should have plenty of updates quickly..

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
02/25/14 09:31 PM
Re: Quite possibly a build thread..

Nice wheel choice. What are they?

strokin4dr
(fighting them with a large needle)
02/25/14 09:43 PM

Kind of look like my Work Equips, but the angle of the lip where they are bolted together looks deferent.

G
(JDM Unit)
02/25/14 09:44 PM

Looks good, I think that sidewall is too tall though. Will probably rub.

15psi88
(Member)
02/25/14 10:01 PM

They're old Stern wheels. They came on early Saleen Mustangs. The lips are redrilled HRE pieces. RUB? Yeah, I'll keep an eye out

15psi88
(Member)
02/27/14 11:08 AM

These are in no particular order, but some of you may appreciate it. I like seeing what everyone else is up to, so I thought I'd contribute. Yes these pictures suck. Yes all I have is a cell phone camera.

T
The last time it was driven with all my close buddies

snailspool
(Member)
03/02/14 10:27 PM

Looks great! Some very enviable pieces on the car too. Good Luck!

15psi88
(Member)
03/03/14 10:41 AM

It's really hard for me to make a proper build thread. Once I get working I don't stop for much. Got some done over the weekend, including welding jackstands to dollies. Now I'm super JSB. Able to remove the subframes and still move the car around the shop:)

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
03/07/14 10:20 AM

Some neat stuff going on here, keep posting whatever snippets of this. Brake fluid reservoir in the cowl?

BpuVR4
(Rolled by Accord while sauced)
03/07/14 06:35 PM

what kind of intercooler would that be? whole thing looks amazing!

15psi88
(Member)
03/07/14 07:03 PM

The brake fluid reservoir is actually built into the bottom of the steel plate, and it mounts strictly by the stainless hardware seen around the perimeter. The top plate still needs the flush mount cap welded in, but it will be painless to fill it. Been fighting with myself to powder coat the fabricated pieces wrinkle black, or paint them white when I do the bay. Whatever I do, I'll wish I did the opposite.
The intercooler is a Treadstone piece. Can be found here
I'm hoping to have the radiator mounted and have the left side of the intercooler finally bolted to something.
If I can produce something half as cool as what I have planned out in my minds eye I'll be stoked. Stay tuned..

15psi88
(Member)
03/17/14 08:33 AM

As always, two steps forward 4 steps back.
Getting things sorted to mount the radiator.

Turns out I can't fit a -20 fitting between the hot pipe and the front cross member. Never was a big fan of running a silicone coupler off the turbo, but at the time it suited my needs. Something I knew was going to need updated in the future...Well the future is, now. I've now got a 2.5" cast elbow to weld on the compressor housing and will be using 2.5" tubing rather than 3".
I think with the tighter radius of the weld on elbow, and using a smaller diameter tubing I can sneak the big ass fitting past. Time will tell. Ran out of argon welding up my wheels over the weekend so progress stopped.
The wheels used to have a stainless 90* valve stem that came out through the face of the wheel. My OCD radar did not approve. So, now I have completely hidden valve stems. When I finally assemble the wheels I will orient a spoke to cover the valve stem.

In other news, I ordered a powdercoat setup, 50lbs of soda media for the blasting cabinet, and a bead roller. Hopefully I can keep some decent momentum and have this pig ready for the shootout.

Turbo99
(Junior Member)
03/18/14 07:15 AM

Right on. What are the specs of the Sterns? (size and offset)

15psi88
(Member)
03/18/14 08:26 AM

17x7.5 +32

Turbo99
(Junior Member)
03/18/14 08:55 AM

Did you build them to those specs?

I looked for Sterns or reverse mount sterns for a while and could never find a square set. They were always staggered.

15psi88
(Member)
03/18/14 05:38 PM

Yeah, I bought them staggered. Built them to spec. Honestly, the most frustrating task I've taken on this whole project. Safe to say, I'll be buried with them.

15psi88
(Member)
03/23/14 09:25 AM

The fitting fits!

15psi88
(Member)
03/23/14 09:46 PM

15psi88
(Member)
04/06/14 01:25 PM

snailspool
(Member)
04/06/14 11:39 PM

Is that a powder coat, or a paint?

15psi88
(Member)
04/07/14 06:07 AM

It's paint. The centers will be powder. Hoping to get at least one done this week.

15psi88
(Member)
05/11/14 09:19 PM

Vr4junkie
(writes like a tard)
05/15/14 12:39 PM

Looking great so far is that a 3in down pipe? ohh yea and what's up that spaghetti farm inside your car what's happening there

mitsuturbo
(Banthony )
05/15/14 01:40 PM

Quoting 15psi88:

I bought my FP turbine housing used from a guy who blew up his 3065 and i was wondering why it was "green". I assumed the previous owner had it coated or something. However, it looks like yours is the same color. Is this some coating they were doing back in the day or what?

15psi88
(Member)
05/15/14 03:13 PM

The exact routing of the factory chassis wiring harness escapes me now but, the reason for the spaghetti farm is that the harness used to run out the drivers side a pillar, across the front under the radiator, and over to the original fuse block mounted on the shock tower. I moved the fuse box behind the glove box. "Phase 1" so to speak, I lengthened the harness and ran it inside the passenger side a pillar. Ultimately the wiring harness did a large loop the whole way around the engine bay and back into the passenger compartment.
I removed the dash to remove the HVAC equipment and decided I would shorten the harness.
At this point, two separate harnesses run inside each fender well to (L/R) headlights/cooling fans etc. MUCH cleaner, much more simple.

The PO of the turbo I know had the compressor cover powder coated, but no mention was ever made of ceramic coating of the hot parts. I would guess that it was factory FP applied.
I will be ceramic coating all my hot parts in black anyway, which is why I never thought much about it.
The downpipe is 3.5" btw.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
05/15/14 06:57 PM

So many one-off mods and parts on this build. Great work. Are you going to stick with that GM MAF setup?

15psi88
(Member)
05/18/14 08:01 PM

I don't plan on staying with the GM MAF. For now though, I just want to get it together and get the bugs sorted out.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
05/20/14 07:02 PM

What's that for? Oil cooler?

15psi88
(Member)
05/21/14 08:26 PM

It's for fuel.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
05/21/14 08:31 PM

Do tell...

15psi88
(Member)
05/22/14 02:45 PM

I assumed by asking the obvious you were hatching a plan to negate my usage or need for an oil cooler so I made something up to foil your plan.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
05/23/14 11:49 AM

I'm not sure how "obvious" it is, seeing as it's located in the grille. As far as plans go, you got me all wrong, brah. If I were trolling you, you'd know it. I suppose my question should have been: Why are you mounting an oil cooler in the grille area? The front bumper area would have made it too easy for you, or what?

15psi88
(Member)
05/25/14 10:56 PM

15psi88
(Member)
06/29/14 06:06 PM

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
06/30/14 09:33 AM

I like what you did with the fab work on the ABS area.

15psi88
(Member)
06/30/14 10:19 AM

Thanks. I'm hoping the hidden motor mount hardware doesn't come back to haunt me.
I know it looks rough with half the paint missing at the moment. Since I stitch welded all the seams I plan to dress the welds smooth and re-seam seal over it to blend it like factory.
All the unused holes have been welded/are being welded. Including the hole where the factory engine harness entered the bay.
The upper radiator support was miss-shaped and always set my ocd radar off. I'm working on making it nice and uniform now that it doesn't need to house the hood latch support/prop rod etc.
I can't wait to get it under primer and get a better look at how smooth it's really going to look.

GSX_TC
(295hp 35r BR4)
06/30/14 11:25 AM

That's gonna be one smooth lookin engine bay when your finished.

curtis
(Space Blanket from NASA plumbed into the attic)
06/30/14 04:27 PM

Badass

curtis
(Space Blanket from NASA plumbed into the attic)
06/30/14 04:59 PM

fake but same look and 4x114.3

15psi88
(Member)
06/30/14 06:11 PM

Nice find! I think grass could grow in the soil of that one wheel. How many thousands of miles does a cv boot/axle seal have to be leaking to produce that? I'd bet the things aren't even round.

15psi88
(Member)
06/30/14 08:59 PM

This additional weight has killed a part of me.

15psi88
(Member)
07/01/14 09:34 PM

Almost all the welding/grinding is complete. I'm hoping to be in primer Friday night.

BENE38A
(Slanging Kiwi parts)
07/02/14 05:05 AM

Nice job mate, like the extent you have gone to here. Will be a nice car when you finish it.

15psi88
(Member)
07/10/14 06:07 PM

I got kinda side tracked...

EHmotorsports
(Capt Fabbin Stabbin)
07/10/14 07:51 PM

looking great! love the progress.

15psi88
(Member)
07/13/14 08:38 PM

15psi88
(Member)
07/15/14 09:02 PM

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
07/16/14 05:37 PM

This is about to be the most custom build in GVR4 history. I can't believe you permanently integrated that intercooler pipe into the frame rail

15psi88
(Member)
07/20/14 11:36 AM

I'm just getting started

15psi88
(Member)
07/21/14 09:07 AM

Does anyone know if the factory steel sleeves stay in place when installing the Energy subframe bushings? I don't wanna mess with it after I paint it and I haven't gotten the bushings yet.

15psi88
(Member)
07/22/14 11:22 AM

Found this:

I've always run the north/south bars up to this point. Kinda leery on not having them now. I fixed this and added a gusset. May look into adding more bracing later.

15psi88
(Member)
07/22/14 08:28 PM

Sandblasted and applied a coat of por15.
Too BLING BLING, not sure what to top coat with yet.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
07/22/14 09:02 PM

Everything looks awesome.

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
07/22/14 11:43 PM

Wow, I applaud your work and detail.

I wish I had the means to give my Galant that kind of attention.

15psi88
(Member)
07/23/14 02:17 PM

Thanks guys.
It's like, Every. Time. I turn around I find another thing that needs taken care of. I keep telling myself, as long as I keep doing SOMETHING, it'll come around.

coyotes
(Hipster VR4)
07/23/14 02:24 PM

Quoting Boostdtalon:

Wow, I applaud your work and detail.

I wish I had the means to give my Galant that kind of attention.

Let's have a VR4 day and knock out some stuff on your car sometime soon.

Boostdtalon
(Member +++)
07/23/14 06:57 PM

^^^ I'm slowly gathering parts. Just paid for my transmission and will have the stuff to finish my head soon. Soon enough ill actually start putting things in the car.

jogalant
(jobidet)
07/23/14 07:37 PM

Awesome work on your baby. She will reward you in spades fo' sho' you know that?

15psi88
(Member)
07/23/14 09:16 PM

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds exciting.

Better

BENE38A
(Slanging Kiwi parts)
07/25/14 01:43 AM

nice job on the subframe, what did you use? some sort of under body paint.
my bad i scrolled up and seen you por15 it, its not glossy anymore, you painted over it

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
07/25/14 09:40 AM

Loving the thread man. Are those tire Nt555 245 50 16??

15psi88
(Member)
07/25/14 02:04 PM

Thanks.
They are 555R's 245/45/17

15psi88
(Member)
08/06/14 08:33 PM

I have a problem..

G
(JDM Unit)
08/07/14 05:45 PM

What was the prob?

15psi88
(Member)
08/07/14 07:50 PM

Ugliness.
Fixed.

15psi88
(Member)
08/13/14 05:03 PM

strokin4dr
(fighting them with a large needle)
08/14/14 10:21 AM

Very clean.

15psi88
(Member)
10/16/14 09:55 PM

Progress has been kind of slow recently.
I found a picture while browsing the other day that I must have studied for 10 minutes. Even though there are things I am unhappy with currently, I am still okay with how she looks compared to stock. Some things I don't even remember doing.

Also put something in motion I've been thinking about for a long time. Not certain on the results yet, might end up making a few renditions.

I ordered a 4" 90* coupler to connect the intake to the existing intake tube as well. This wont be just an air inlet

transparentdsm
(I have to say something dumb Member)
10/17/14 10:09 AM

is that lower intercooler piping actually part of the rad support? i really really like that.

15psi88
(Member)
10/17/14 01:08 PM

Yep, It's permanent.. err, sorta. I guess I'll always have a cutoff tool and a welder.

15psi88
(Member)
10/28/14 12:19 PM

Trying something on the grille. Kinda diggin' it.

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
10/28/14 11:39 PM

Aesthetically it looks bitchin, however i'm wary of airflow blockage, albeit pretty minimal. I assume that you'll be doing something to help direct air to and through your various heat exchangers.

You sir, are a fiend. It's awesome. Please continue.

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
10/30/14 01:50 PM

I have to say though, I am a bit disappointed to see the BC's on there. I had em and they are not bad. I don't even know what you are going to do with the car, maybe they will be "sufficient". Just not on par with the rest of the build.

Spyke169
(Member +)
10/30/14 07:52 PM

I have to agree with Apexhunter, the grill looks good, but airflow... I would continue with the theme you have for the headlight and add some ducting from the grill to that cooler.

15psi88
(Member)
11/02/14 07:38 PM

15psi88
(Member)
11/04/14 08:24 AM

I thought this was interesting. I can probably count on my hands how many sets of Sterns have been for sale in the last 10 years. A set just popped up that are built almost identical to my intentions. Though, he still has valve stem cut outs
So, heres sneak peak of my wheels!

15psi88
(Member)
01/26/15 08:22 AM

Got kinda caught up with new projects..

All the usual first mods.. Cut open the mufflers and eliminated the cats, painted the wheels.. etc.

Relevant:

But, I did do a thing on the car.

tektic
(Senior Member)
01/26/15 09:12 AM

I like that cover a lot. I want to make a double oil catch can in my car over there and wanted it to look similar. Nice work.

15psi88
(Member)
01/26/15 09:18 AM

Thanks man. It's still a work in progress. It's going to be a divided catch can/coolant overflow.

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
01/26/15 09:21 AM

That Panigale looks real nice. Probably sounds pretty good now too.

Agreed, that cover looks good and would be a great way to integrate a catch can into the bay.

^ edit: well there you go. Even better, split the duty there. Gonna look awesome.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
01/26/15 03:54 PM

Jesus. I've never see so much win contained in a single post in my life.

The wheels turned out amazing. And that Duc...

Ralli380Gvr4
(Bearded Snow Leopard)
01/26/15 04:15 PM

Stern's

15psi88
(Member)
01/28/15 10:30 AM

Thanks, but those wheels aren't actually mine I came across them for sale and thought it was cool that they were the same colors I'm doing mine. I mean, I am a little upset that there is another set like mine. Like I said though, they don't have the valve stem cutouts welded shut
Thanks for the props guys. You probably don't realize what a little bit of encouragement does for motivation!

transparentdsm
01/28/15 10:53 AM

this car is really impressive and i cant wait to see the final product.

JamesFoster
(Infamous BMX Master)
01/31/15 06:13 AM

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. This is the coolest fucking build. I absolutely love the attention to detail, and small custom parts stuff. What do you do for a living? Would you like an apprentice? I want to make cool little stuff for my car...

15psi88
(Member)
02/13/15 03:07 PM

I'm a service writer at an independent auto repair shop. Amateur fabricator, at best on the weekends. I don't know about needing an apprentice but if you wanna bring a case of beer we can make all the shit you want.

15psi88
(Member)
01/26/16 10:09 PM

So I realize these couple pics are shit, but I wanted to update this thread.
I've started working on the car again. Knocking out all the small details to make all this stuff work that I have been dreading.
I took a pretty good hiatus when I got the Ducati because I really didn't care about anything else but that bike for the past year.

I got a new daily that I had been playing with recently, so that didn't help with the focus either. I took a position managing a body shop at a Chevrolet dealer here in town. Things have been hectic, but I'm really excited about the Galant again. So much so, I've literally been losing sleep.

The radiator never fit right under the re shaped upper tie bar. It looked okay in the pictures, but certainly not done. That's sorted now so I was able to work on the oil cooler fittings that are WAY tight to the face of the radiator. I ended up ordering 18mm turbo coolant banjo fittings, with adapters to 6an. I was forced to weld the original bungs up and tapping the oil cooler to suit. I've got the 93 grille trimmed out, primed, and new hexagonal mesh fitted. btw- Anyone know where to get a new badge for the 93 grille? I dicked it up letting the little diamonds dry above the wood stove after painting them black. It was hotter than I anticipated ha ha
Anyway, I got a bunch of SHIT done that was a pain in the ass, but doesn't really photograph well.

I ordered a billet valve cover, so I figured it was time to knock out the catch can. A few in progress pictures here. The top side is tacked into place now. I want to wait to get the valve cover before I finalize hose lengths and really tidy it up. I know it looks busy, but it's a necessary evil. I have two 8an hoses off the intake tube for vacuum.
The two 10an hoses off the valve cover gets stepped down to 8an as well. Finally, I have a 6an hose running to the balance shaft port on the back of the block. Which I think is pictured above somewhere. 6an is smaller than I want, but I don't want to drill the block out with out taking off the current oil pan. I fully expect the oil pan to come off by itself in a glorious display of catastrophic failure, probably due to a shitty tune on my part.
However, that is when I intend to put the 2.3L in which has an enlarged hole.

Oh, you can see the coolant overflow is finished now. The three holes in the front are actual portholes into the can to act as sight glasses.
I think that really concludes most of the major fabrication. So, now I'm able to take it apart yet again. This time for final paint and body work- AND THAT I'm really looking forward to.

The new daily I mentioned. It's just a 1.8, but it is awd.

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
01/27/16 12:29 AM

About damn time! Glad to hear you are getting back on it. Hopefully you can leverage your new job to help with the paint/body here. Anyway, looking good, particularly the grille and "lamps"/compressor inlet strategy.

transparentdsm
01/27/16 06:20 AM

is that Audi slightly worked?? i think i see an intercooler and is that an Oettinger front bumper i spy...

15psi88
(Member)
01/27/16 06:57 AM

I did a front mount,3" turbo back,pod filter,and a boost gauge. 255's on all 4 corners on 17" a8 Wheels. Just an ebay knockoff bumper.

transparentdsm
01/27/16 07:44 AM

nice car i really like those a lot. sounds like a nice little upgrade package, keeping it mild..

jeverts
(Member +)
01/27/16 11:52 AM

Good job man, I have always been jealous of people that can hand fabricate. Its one thing that I wish I could do.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
01/27/16 07:15 PM

I wish you posted more updates. This is going to be a sweet build when it's finished.

15psi88
(Member)
01/28/16 10:21 AM

I wish I posted more updates too! Here's a pic of the oil cooler clearance:

transparentdsm
01/28/16 10:29 AM

i would actually like to see some more pictures of the audi if you don't mind. i used to be a into them for a while...

15psi88
(Member)
01/28/16 11:33 AM

Yeah man. I don't have many pics of it. I need to wash it anyway so I'll get some pics after work today.

15psi88
(Member)
01/31/16 09:26 PM

I didn't forget the pics. However, none of them are worth sharing.
The good news is this weekend I cleaned it up and had my buddy shoot a couple pics with a good camera. He's got to edit them yet.

Not a massive update for this weekend, got side tracked a bit making a sign.

My new office is not marked, and customers don't know where to go when they come in. I asked my boss about having a decal cut to put on the door. He mentioned maybe having a sign to hang above the door so it may be a little more noticeable. I agreed, and he finished the conversation with, "now we just need to get someone to make it" I was like

I sent him a picture of the sign today and asked him if he was trying to insult me when he pretended we'd have someone else make the damn thing.
He "had no idea I made stuff like that" Anyway, he likes it and is going to let me hang it up. So that's a plus.

I worked on details today.

Finish welded the intake bungs

Now that's fitment-

Mdlimy
(Member)
02/01/16 08:28 AM

Probably my favorite build, really appreciate the quality fabrication!

15psi88
(Member)
02/02/16 09:30 PM

Thanks dude! I've seen your build(s). Your opinion matters lol

Audi pics are up No rear shots though. My exhaust fit is horrendous,my tips are crooked but I just haven't given enough fucks to fix. The trunk lid is debadged , and my tail lights are all red. Other than that it's stock back there so use your imagination.

Bonus pics-
My buddies and I go to Deals Gap for a week in the summer. SO Awesome. A different world there.

15psi88
(Member)
02/06/16 10:02 AM

Cool it

15psi88
(Member)
02/06/16 09:34 PM

The clutch master cylinder reservoir is something I had been brain storming a while. Tonight I found something to work, by accident.

15psi88
(Member)
02/13/16 10:30 AM

Because shortening a stock bumper was too easy.. and also because there are more cars with JDM bumpers than originals.

15psi88
(Member)
02/13/16 10:33 AM

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
02/13/16 10:42 AM

This fuckin guy

15psi88
(Member)
02/13/16 04:22 PM

transparentdsm
02/14/16 08:59 AM

un fucking real!! kinda love it. now you need a much much larger intercooler or an intercooler/oil cooler combo to fill in the giant hole. i want a straight on shot.

15psi88
(Member)
02/14/16 10:06 AM

Lots of work to do on this yet. I should have waited to post. I know it will be impossible for some to visualize how it will look when complete.(I'd agree right now it looks horrid) I've got to take almost two inches from the height of it, which will make the opening much smaller. I will be making a "funnel" type insert to fit into the opening that will force air through the intercooler.
Kind of like this:

but with a larger transitional area so it wont look as boxed off. I guess it's the same idea as the headlight inlet really..

transparentdsm
02/14/16 10:12 AM

i get it, that will look good and you can have both headlights and drive on the street. it will look good.

15psi88
(Member)
02/21/16 08:19 PM

Ooops

I took an inch from the height of the bumper. Working on getting that hole closed up.

15psi88
(Member)
02/22/16 08:05 PM

transparentdsm
02/23/16 08:47 AM

bumper looks rad! is that an exhaust? out of the side skirt.

15psi88
(Member)
02/23/16 10:39 AM

Yeah the exhaust will exit through the rocker. I had some rust there anyway. I figured if I was going to be doing metal work I would make it worth it.
I'm going to level the floor with the transmission tunnel behind the drivers seat to get the clearance I need. You'd better be short if you sit back there.

15psi88
(Member)
02/23/16 07:58 PM

15psi88
(Member)
02/26/16 08:02 AM

Bout' to mold this:

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
02/26/16 10:25 AM

That turned into a nice funnel. Go man, go!

Spyke169
(Member +)
02/27/16 11:46 AM

Looks good, different from the common bumpers. Something to keep in mind fwiw if you really want the best ducting to your heat exchangers.

15psi88
(Member)
02/27/16 07:16 PM

Never thought of it that way. Thanks for that.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/13/16 12:58 PM

Looking damn good

15psi88
(Member)
03/13/16 08:13 PM

Thanks dude.

Little slower progress than expected but I haven't stopped.

The insert is body worked and primed. WAY WAY WAY more work than what you'd think to look at it, but it looks MEAN AF.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
03/13/16 08:37 PM

How's the exhaust routed to the side skirt? Guessing you'll have to wrap it where it meets the plastic?

15psi88
(Member)
03/13/16 09:07 PM

I cut the floor out behind the drivers seat. It runs right though the rocker.

Terrance362
(needs moar imput)
03/15/16 02:11 PM

what size tire is that

transparentdsm
03/15/16 03:46 PM

just loving this more and more. great work.

15psi88
(Member)
03/16/16 12:25 PM

The tires are 245 45 17
25.7" overall diameter.

Really dragging my feet on getting the wheels done. I can't wait to see it on the ground though.

15psi88
(Member)
04/26/16 09:44 PM

I just love side exit so much, I had to.

marvinmadman
(Senior Member)
04/26/16 09:54 PM

That yours?

15psi88
(Member)
04/27/16 03:31 PM

It is. Though, most of it is the banks

marvinmadman
(Senior Member)
04/27/16 05:29 PM

Good enough lol. Awesome Viper. Color and wheels are pimp.

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
04/27/16 11:38 PM

^Yeah, looks pretty nasty with those wheels and drop.

My friend has an '02 GTS. I was never a huge fan until i spent some time driving it, and then learning about it. Now, i'd really like to get my hands on a coupe.

ShaggyTE
(Boombastic)
08/26/16 11:06 AM

Any updates, or did it get put on the back burner?

15psi88
(Member)
08/29/16 12:52 PM

It was on the back burner after the Viper, however the Shootout has me excited about it again. Right now, I'm budgeting for cnc ported heads and a cam for the Viper($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), but do intend to put the labor hours in on the G in the mean time. My buddy and I just did a cleanup/organization of the shop. I was going work on it Sunday, but was too hung over and did house work instead lol.

In the mean time, my buddy did get some pretty okay shots of the V.

GSTwithPSI
(A hole)
08/29/16 02:53 PM

Gawd, that Viper is pure sex.

I'll trade you 3 Galants for it

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
08/30/16 12:11 AM

Those wheels + drop + paint...good lord that thing is sexy. Nice pics.

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
08/30/16 08:14 AM

Blue coupe-one of my dream cars.

Nice.

15psi88
(Member)
08/30/16 11:32 AM

Haha, I don't think I could let it go for 3 Galants.
Thanks though guys, it really is a dream come true.

I brought the bumper for the G with me to work and started on it early this morning. When my co workers came in they couldn't even fathom what I was doing. "Why didn't you just get a new bumper" "that's from a talon?" "You've got your work cut out" They've never seen the car and they think I'm nuts.

I am.

I've decided to start in the front and work to the rear of the car, not progressing until each part is complete. Bouncing around from project to project within the car is overwhelming. Small bites!

ShaggyTE
(Boombastic)
08/30/16 01:03 PM

I think I'd leave the Viper as is! That way you don't take it apart and it becomes a project too Looks amazing!

15psi88
(Member)
08/31/16 07:34 AM

Thanks, but everything is a project. If you're me.
The head/cam setup should do over 600 wheel

15psi88
(Member)
09/11/16 06:24 PM

15psi88
(Member)
09/14/16 05:12 PM

Not only did I finally decide on a color, I got to put some down tonight

Every once in a while I've gotta show the guys in the shop I'm not just a paper pusher.

15psi88
(Member)
09/15/16 09:51 AM

Mmm, crisp white.
I mixed W37, Wicked White, but omitted the gold toner to brighten it up a bit. Obviously I couldn't just have an off the shelf color. haha

Little dry spray near the back there... Shit'll buff out

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
09/16/16 11:45 PM

Ah, at long last, some updates. Looking good! I'm liking that bumper even more now with paint and fitting. Nice bumper supports there.

Got any undercarriage pics of the viper? That generation had some cool aero IIRC.

15psi88
(Member)
09/17/16 05:59 PM

Aero. Ha, yeah it's got that. It works great for catching sockets,bolts and other assorted parts that you drop. Requiring an extra 20 mins to jack up the car and remove it all to retrieve your stuff. I guess it's worth having when you're doing 170 though. Not that I've ever done that or anything.. . I can grab some pics of the underside when I change the oil.

15psi88
(Member)
08/31/18 11:20 AM

Okay so I got the Viper and kinda forgot about this for a while. Worked on the viper non stop since I got it. I re lipped, barreled a set of ccw classics and put a juicy drag radial on it. Got stupid,
So I figured if I was gonna be painting... Stripe delete
Got that done
36173044342_a126349871_o
Then
24946126_2065078167046905_553689579_o
IMG_6952
29791313_10155768435003995_8858646321771315200_o
Forged rotating assembly, heads, cam.. 10.7:1
engine
33041357_2149209121967142_5818417617802625024_n

New wheels, again
34849762_2139686149379926_7050078972595404800_n

So now, were up to date on that. I was going to supercharge it this winter, but then.. shootout..
I think the Viper is now "done", just gonna be a fun street car.

I started working on the galant again. I'd like to race it at the 2019 Shootout.
I've accepted that it wont be completely painted, and as done as I'd like, but I have to start moving on it.
40544408_250194979168420_4125979247938371584_n

28721615_1617493184965216_1754279481_n
manifold
manifold1

modified a 5.0L Mustang TB to work on the 4.6L flanged Forrester manifold. Trimmed up, etc. Plumbing/fuel system is first on the list so here we go!

idreamidrive
(Member +)
09/02/18 03:52 PM

Wow to both cars. Your viper is the first of that generation that actually looks good.

15psi88
(Member)
09/04/18 11:43 AM

Thanks^

intake

On another note, has anyone built anything to eliminate the thermostat housing/water neck, without going electric wp? That will be my next project, looking for idears.

Eztoril
(Junior Member)
09/04/18 11:39 PM

How did you get that FRH intake to seal properly? I got the same one and made a gasket using the original as a stencil and it leaks like crazy all around and through the bolts. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Alot of newer hybrids use electric wp and there may be a model which you might be able to use the thermostat housing from. Just a thought.

Awesome cars btw.

15psi88
(Member)
09/05/18 06:51 AM

I'm not sure if it's sealed or not to be honest. I can't remember for sure, but I think mine is "updated". I really think that someone had China knockoff the original Forrester, but either way my lower section is cut for an O ring, it does not use a gasket. Maybe that's how they all are?? It's been nearly 10 years since I did any homework.

I don't think a car with an electric water pump would use a thermostat? The pcm would control the pump speed as needed?? I don't have any first hand experience with OEM so I'm jus' thinking out loud.

15psi88
(Member)
09/17/18 09:44 AM

41938975_2317178331893887_8817958778021347328_n

41938975_2317178331893887_8817958778021347328_n

Moving along on the plumbing, ordering fuel pump today!

ApexHunter
(Extreme Indoor Cyclist)
09/17/18 04:20 PM

Been really looking forward to an update here man...so i'm pretty stoked to see the progress.

Are you still using that charge pipe that you integrated into the frame rail? I always really liked that.
VC and plumbing looks great.

idreamidrive
(Member +)
09/21/18 09:03 PM

Are you now running a dry sump or am I missing something with that valve cover?

15psi88
(Member)
09/24/18 08:08 AM

I just didn't want an oil cap haha. The vent fittings have a hole in it large enough to put a funnel in anyway.

I'm still using the charge piping setup. Probably will for a long time unless I find the limits of that intercooler.

got some stainless to replace pretty much everything under the hood.

20180921_155529

15psi88
(Member)
09/25/18 09:53 AM

Yup, probably.

20180924_181247

20180924_181304

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page