maxash0775
(Member)
01/22/12 12:55 PM
MHI Big 16g

I have been searching big 16g turbos lately and came across a message from Road Race Engineering. I dont remember seeing it there a short while back when looking up turbos. It says that their cost, cost for MHI Big 16g is now over $1000!! They are pretty much telling you that it is not worth the cost (love there honesty). Then I came across this, and it seems to good to be true. I just texted him to see if still available. click

He also has a 2 g manifold, should i get it.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

maxash0775
(Member)
01/22/12 01:03 PM
Re: MHI Big 16g

Also, what is the difference in the tod5h 49178-01420- Big 16g and the tdo5h49178-01470- Evo 3 16 g. I have the option for either since I have found 2 craigslist adds.

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 01:40 PM

350$ is not that great to tell you the truth. I bought one with blown seals for 100$ and got it rebuilt for 130$ here locally. let me know if you need that. I got a guy here that does an amazing job with top notch parts and ports the housing for another 30$. Evo 3 16g has the best flow rate. I dont know the exact specs why but i can tell you the evo 3 is the best. Also when you install it i highly recommend you run an oil line from the back by the oil filter. If you use the oem oil line the turbo doesn't get enough for some reason. I give you a year before the turbo start developing play.

maxash0775
(Member)
01/22/12 02:11 PM

Thanks for the input. The evo 3 is $250 used and would rebuild that just because of the unknown before installing it.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/22/12 02:50 PM

Quoting DDM:

350$ is not that great to tell you the truth. I bought one with blown seals for 100$ and got it rebuilt for 130$ here locally. let me know if you need that. I got a guy here that does an amazing job with top notch parts and ports the housing for another 30$. Evo 3 16g has the best flow rate. I dont know the exact specs why but i can tell you the evo 3 is the best. Also when you install it i highly recommend you run an oil line from the back by the oil filter. If you use the oem oil line the turbo doesn't get enough for some reason. I give you a year before the turbo start developing play.

I don't know where this info came from but I disagree. I have bought and sold big16gs for $300 plus shipping. I now run a evo3GT 16g with a ported housing. Evo3 is the best of the three. They have been ran up to 450awhp with dyno charts on dsmtuners. I run mine from the stock port on the head with a ss line. Ofh has too much pressure for this turbo. Ask anyone on tuners, if you run a 16g run from the head or Ofh with a online restrictor.
-shane

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 03:10 PM

Maybe it would work with an ss line, i never tried it but i never had i an issue with the oil filter housing. When i had my 1g i had the 16g rebuilt and it had some very noticeable shaft play with the stock oil feed line. Then i tapped it in the back and never had any issues after the second rebuild.

omertaitalia
(Member +)
01/22/12 03:17 PM

i run a evo3 16g from the ofh with a ss line, no restrictor and I've never had a problem with my turbo.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
01/22/12 03:53 PM

Quoting DDM:

Also when you install it i highly recommend you run an oil line from the back by the oil filter. If you use the oem oil line the turbo doesn't get enough for some reason. I give you a year before the turbo start developing play.

Wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory oil feed on any 14b/16g style turbo. I have run several over the years since 1998 and never had an issue, including the one I have in 503 now. Unless you run a turbo specifically designed for more oil flow, like an FPgreen that uses the "monster" thrust bearing, there is no need to run a line from the OFH.

IncorpoRatedX
(I'm an idiot...)
01/22/12 04:08 PM

someone get the beating stick out and put these newbs back in line. misinformation is BAD.

maxash0775
(Member)
01/22/12 04:11 PM

Just to be clear, the better of the 2 is still the big 16g off the evo vs the big 16g regular. Refering to the 2 model numbers i listed in the original post.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/22/12 04:44 PM

16g off the Evo3 is known as a Evo3 16g. There were no confusions in comparing the two in the original post. Ive had 14bs and 16gs push oil past the seals from running it off the OFH without a restrictor. Ive never had problems running it off the head with all three of my cars.
-Shane

fuel
("Just to be pedantic!")
01/22/12 05:07 PM

49178-01420 = JDM Galant VR-4 Evolution TD05-Big 16G with 7cm housing
49178-01450 = EvoI/II Big 16G with 7cm housing, essentially the same as above. Some EvoI's come with the Small 16G.
49178-01470 = EvoIII Big 16G with 7cm housing - has a slightly different style compressor wheel and exhaust housing flows more

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 05:49 PM

Quoting Alpha Male:

someone get the beating stick out and put these newbs back in line. misinformation is BAD.

Explain to me how that's misinformation? Show me something anywhere where it sais its better to use the stock turbo feed line over a braided from the ofh. i to you because of your post count!

There is a reason why mitsu decided to put the oil feed line on the 2g on the filter housing. I dont care what turbo you run its way better pressure to feed it off there then the head. What am i explaining this to a bunch of kids? Jeez call any performance shop and ask them which is better? Im not saying its necessary. But you should consider it!

raptorWagon
(less than one year to my birthday)
01/22/12 06:45 PM

The Evo3 16g used be available for $600, but the effects of the Tsunami and earthquake have finally caught up to us and are now affecting the production of those turbos, which is why the priced jumped that high now.

maxash0775
(Member)
01/22/12 06:46 PM

Follow up question. When they rate the potential HP on these turbos, is that to the motor, or at the wheels. Never really says, dont know if it is implied or Im just a noob.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
01/22/12 07:21 PM

Quoting DDM:

Explain to me how that's misinformation? Show me something anywhere where it sais its better to use the stock turbo feed line over a braided from the ofh.

There is a reason why mitsu decided to put the oil feed line on the 2g on the filter housing. I dont care what turbo you run its way better pressure to feed it off there then the head. What am i explaining this to a bunch of kids? Jeez call any performance shop and ask them which is better? Im not saying its necessary. But you should consider it!

Here we go. Another ASE certified n00b to the forum. After reading you say that in a thread about snow tires, I had to laugh.

Considering how many stock turbos lasted hundreds of thousands of miles and only needed new exhaust housings due to cracks, I'd say the oil feed from the head works just fine. Mitsu also put out a lot of motors that crankwalked with the 2g, so I wouldn't say that change is always good.

The only reason anybody should consider runnning a line off the OFH is for some custom application, or if a specific turbo manufacturer requires a higher pressure feed, like the FPgreen/red. It's no better. Both my cars are fed from the head. You wanna tell me I'm doing it wrong? Fack off.

Bunch of kids, eh? I'm 35, own two GVR4's, one of them since '98. This ain't about post count. We're a tight knit community with members that have been here for over a decade. Lots of knowledge and not a lot of bullshit. You won't make many friends here acting the way you are. Just sayin'.

gramkrakr89
(Now with Jelly next week is roasted marshmallows and hershey bars)
01/22/12 07:38 PM

Respect the peeples that have been there and done that...

experience > logic

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 08:01 PM

Quoting turbowop:

Here we go. Another ASE certified n00b to the forum. After reading you say that in a thread about snow tires, I had to laugh.

Considering how many stock turbos lasted hundreds of thousands of miles and only needed new exhaust housings due to cracks, I'd say the oil feed from the head works just fine. Mitsu also put out a lot of motors that crankwalked with the 2g, so I wouldn't say that change is always good.

The only reason anybody should consider runnning a line off the OFH is for some custom application, or if a specific turbo manufacturer requires a higher pressure feed, like the FPgreen/red. It's no better. Both my cars are fed from the head. You wanna tell me I'm doing it wrong? Fack off.

Bunch of kids, eh? I'm 35, own two GVR4's, one of them since '98. This ain't about post count. We're a tight knit community with members that have been here for over a decade. Lots of knowledge and not a lot of bullshit. You won't make many friends here acting the way you are. Just sayin'.

Thats a great post considering i wasn't even talking to you but since you added that "fack off" we can argue a little lol. Just cause i recently registered on this forum does not make me a newb to dsms. Whats sad is that a 35 year old man that is just siding with people to make friends on an international forum because you are so convinced you are "doing it right". I never said you were doing it wrong if you read my post. I simply said its better to feed it from OFH. You are acting like its a big ass mod to the car and takes 5 days to complete (well maybe for you). I recommend this to everyone and i have yet see something go wrong with feeding the turbo like that. You sir are just a moron. Just by that "Fack off" i can tell you are a 35 year old with a 12 year olds mind since you cant provide any explanation for anything and just say that you are doing it right.

raptorWagon
(less than one year to my birthday)
01/22/12 08:06 PM

Quoting DDM:

Just cause i recently registered on this forum does not make me a newb to dsms.

You may not be new to DSMs, but you are to Galant VR-4s

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 08:14 PM

That is true! But i do work on dsm's alot and i bought my car off a member here and i thought it would be very clean then started ripping it apart and found stuff like this.

The previous owner must have taken advice from someone with a high post count and listened. I mean how could someone be wrong if they have a high post count. lolololol

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
01/22/12 08:15 PM

Quoting DDM:

Quoting turbowop:

Thats a great post considering i wasn't even talking to you but since you added that "fack off" we can argue a little lol. Just cause i recently registered on this forum does not make me a newb to dsms. Whats sad is that a 35 year old man that is just siding with people to make friends on an international forum because you are so convinced you are "doing it right". I never said you were doing it wrong if you read my post. I simply said its better to feed it from OFH. You are acting like its a big ass mod to the car and takes 5 days to complete (well maybe for you). I recommend this to everyone and i have yet see something go wrong with feeding the turbo like that. You sir are just a moron. Just by that "Fack off" i can tell you are a 35 year old with a 12 year olds mind since you cant provide any explanation for anything and just say that you are doing it right.

Whether or not the post was directly specifically at me or not doesn't matter. The fact that you are saying it's "better" to feed the turbo from the OFH is where I disagree and make a reply. I don't give a fuck if you aren't new to DSM's. You're new to this forum, genius.

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 08:18 PM

Dude.. nothing was directed to you before my previous post. You just blew a fuse because i disagreed with someone . There is a difference between taking someones side and telling someone to "fack off"

beaner
(Blew1 Guy Today )
01/22/12 08:19 PM

Looks like you bought a car from someone that realized the importance of boost leak testing. Nice.

gramkrakr89
01/22/12 08:21 PM

Quoting DDM:

That is true! But i do work on dsm's alot and i bought my car off a member here and i thought it would be very clean then started ripping it apart and found stuff like this.

The previous owner must have taken advice from someone with a high post count and listened. I mean how could someone be wrong if they have a high post count. lolololol

irrelevant much?

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 08:21 PM

^ lol yeah. If it was only on the intercooler piping!

maxash0775
(Member)
01/22/12 08:23 PM

Can't we all just get along... And answer my follow up question that I put up a few replies ago.

beaner
(Blew1 Guy Today )
01/22/12 08:24 PM

What would that matter? You want to check for leaks from the mas to the head.

beaner
(Blew1 Guy Today )
01/22/12 08:26 PM

Quoting maxash0775:

Can't we all just get along... And answer my follow up question that I put up a few replies ago.

I think the automotive industry rates everything at the flywheel. Giving actual hp (at the wheels) is ineffective marketing. It's a numbers game.

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 08:27 PM

^ Man i hope you arent serious. + this is how the catch can was attached. And sorry man , i didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just putting in my 2c.

beaner
(Blew1 Guy Today )
01/22/12 08:29 PM

If you hope I am not serious, I hope you are not an ASE Tech.

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 08:31 PM

Well then sir your hopes are crushed! If you choose to attach a catch can with a valve stem i don't even want to see the rest of your car.

beaner
(Blew1 Guy Today )
01/22/12 08:33 PM

You post a picture of a valve stem on the intake pipe and we are to assume the catch can was connected to it?

Jesus_Negros
(Unempowered ADMIN)
01/22/12 08:37 PM

Whats the difference from the evo3GT 16g and EvoIII Big 16G (49178-01470)? is the GT a ebay version or compressor cover difference?

+1 You do not need to feed a 16g from the OFH.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
01/22/12 08:38 PM

Quoting DDM:

Dude.. nothing was directed to you before my previous post. You just blew a fuse because i disagreed with someone . There is a difference between taking someones side and telling someone to "fack off"

I "blew a fuse" because you're polluting this forum with your misinformation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with feeding the turbo oil from the head. And I'm not taking anybody's side here. I'm just trying to keep anybody else looking for good info on this forum from thinking they need to do something that isn't necessary.

Jesus_Negros
(Unempowered ADMIN)
01/22/12 08:44 PM

This thread sounds looks like "tooners".

IncorpoRatedX
(I'm an idiot...)
01/22/12 09:01 PM

Quoting DDM:

Quoting turbowop:

You need to back pedal and put it in a lower gear bud,

I commended you in another thread for removing your galant from the hands of an idiot.

However that doesn't give you free reign to start spouting off like you're the end-all, be-all of automotive knowledge.

The head feed, commonly referred to as "gravity feed" is completely fine for many turbos on the market. the OFH feed mod is of no real importance on most cars/turbos.

Namely those who remove their balance shafts and greatly increase the pressure at the OFH unless porting the relieve valve opening, they will blow some turbo seals with a quickness.

Lets take a look at the turbo oil feed on the 2g, coupled with the T25 I always thought it was a tactic to keep mechanics in a job, higher pressure oil line, combined with a smaller, harder working turbo = lots of dead t25's out there.

Either feed line will work if installed properly and everything else is up to par. Now give it a rest before i put the chicago sector of the GVR4 mafia on your ass.

gramkrakr89
01/22/12 09:34 PM

Quoting maxash0775:

Not to be a jerk, but it might be best to start a new thread in a different section.. there ain't no stopping it now.

DynastyLCD
(Dissapointing Member)
01/22/12 10:22 PM

Quoting DDM:

I dont care what turbo you run its way better pressure to feed it off there then the head. What am i explaining this to a bunch of kids?

ive got to add one minor detail, possibly irrelevant, and from a neutral standpoint (that could be nit-picking....)

you dont care what turbo you run... its way better to feed from OFH is the jist of what i got out of that above quote.

so.... if the OP decided to run a BB turbo, that requires 15 psi or so of oil pressure, is it still better to feed from the OFH?

(no.)

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
01/22/12 10:52 PM

Srsly. This is the reason I can't stand this n00bs posts.

On 1051, I run my ball bearing FP3052 off the head with a restrictor, as per FP's instructions since they require very little oil pressure. Back when I ran an FPgreen, I ran the feed off the OFH, again, as per their instructions to help feed the modified thrust bearing.

On 503, I run my Evo3 16g fed from the head with zero issues.

Stating that it's "way better" to feed oil from the OFH is a retarded blanket statement. It all depends on the application.

gramkrakr89
01/22/12 11:15 PM

Quoting Turbro_Negro:

Whats the difference from the evo3GT 16g and EvoIII Big 16G (49178-01470)? is the GT a ebay version or compressor cover difference?

`

yeah the evo3GT a chinese knock-off that never lasts long on performance builds.

PO of my car fed a BB Garrett from the OFH w/ no restrictor ... needless to say, the seals are non-existent now, but modding a restrictor into the feed banjo stopped most of the leaking/smoking... now the in/out shaft play is like 1/8"

gramkrakr89
01/22/12 11:25 PM

Quoting maxash0775:

Follow up question. When they rate the potential HP on these turbos, is that to the motor, or at the wheels. Never really says, dont know if it is implied or Im just a noob.

You can take a look on the web and see what people have been able to achieve with the EVOIIIbig16G, there should be plenty of firsthand accounts and dyno results out there...

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/22/12 11:26 PM

Quoting Beaner:

You post a picture of a valve stem on the intake pipe and we are to assume the catch can was connected to it?

You should know from my post that’s right above your post. And if you boost test your car with a valve stem that’s all on you. I block everything off and use a smoke/air machine like it should be done but to each its own.

Quoting turbowop:

Quoting DDM:

I "blew a fuse" because you're polluting this forum with your misinformation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with feeding the turbo oil from the head. And I'm not taking anybody's side here. I'm just trying to keep anybody else looking for good info on this forum from thinking they need to do something that isn't necessary.

Next time try to put in a reasonable argument so people can see that you are probably correct and im crazy and move on instead of “im doing it wrong? Fack off!” And its not misinformation because all MHI turbos have restrictors on them so the extra pressure wouldn’t hurt but the lack of might be a huge problem especially how 99% of us overboost the turbos as it is.

Quoting Alpha Male:

You need to back pedal and put it in a lower gear bud,

I commended you in another thread for removing your galant from the hands of an idiot.

However that doesn't give you free reign to start spouting off like you're the end-all, be-all of automotive knowledge.

The head feed, commonly referred to as "gravity feed" is completely fine for many turbos on the market. the OFH feed mod is of no real importance on most cars/turbos.

Namely those who remove their balance shafts and greatly increase the pressure at the OFH unless porting the relieve valve opening, they will blow some turbo seals with a quickness.

Lets take a look at the turbo oil feed on the 2g, coupled with the T25 I always thought it was a tactic to keep mechanics in a job, higher pressure oil line, combined with a smaller, harder working turbo = lots of dead t25's out there.

Either feed line will work if installed properly and everything else is up to par. Now give it a rest before i put the chicago sector of the GVR4 mafia on your ass.

I am actually very calm and the only reason I made the reply is because the previous poster told me to “fack off”. I hate when im trying to post up something that I think is helpful and then instead of having a reasonable discussion I get a fack off newb post. Iike I said all mhi turbos have restictors built in. I have seen and owned a few t25’s with 150k miles on them.

Quoting DynastyLCD:

Quoting DDM:

I dont care what turbo you run its way better pressure to feed it off there then the head. What am i explaining this to a bunch of kids?

ive got to add one minor detail, possibly irrelevant, and from a neutral standpoint (that could be nit-picking....)

you dont care what turbo you run... its way better to feed from OFH is the jist of what i got out of that above quote.

so.... if the OP decided to run a BB turbo, that requires 15 psi or so of oil pressure, is it still better to feed from the OFH?

(no.)

Yes. And then you use an inline restrictor depending on what turbo you are running. Some turbos like Garret ball bearing also come with a built in restrictor.

turbowop
(Hard Snarker)
01/22/12 11:52 PM

All of this arguing stems from this statement:

Quote:

If you use the oem oil line the turbo doesn't get enough for some reason. I give you a year before the turbo start developing play.

This is pure and blatant misinformation, and the reason why I responded the way I did. Nobody's turbos are going to start developing play due to using the factory oil feed lines. If this is the way you want to present your "facts", perhaps you should be the one trying to put in more reasonable arguments. Much like your posts in the snow tires thread where your response regarding narrower tires was "they sucked". Awesome review, Mr. ASE.

AnotherNewb
(flutterdumper)
01/22/12 11:54 PM

Quoting DDM:

I hate when im trying to post up something that I think is helpful and then instead...

My dad always told me that if I didn't know the answer to say "I don't know", rather than pretend like I did and guess.

gramkrakr89
01/23/12 12:09 AM

caaaaaaann you feeeeeeell the loooooooove to-niiiiiiiight!!

maxash0775
(Member)
01/23/12 12:55 AM

So I guess I will go with the used evo big 16g since it flows a little better than the regular big 16g.

beaner
(Blew1 Guy Today )
01/23/12 02:18 AM

Quoting DDM:

You should know from my post that’s right above your post. And if you boost test your car with a valve stem that’s all on you. I block everything off and use a smoke/air machine like it should be done but to each its own.

The post that had a sentence started with a plus sign? I figured there was an equally useless picture you forgot to attach with it. We're talking about how to feed a 16g and out of nowhere you're talking about valve stems on intake pipes then backtracking on what was connected to it. You bought a modded 20 year old turbo car and found weird shit? No way.

My air machine is a bike pump hooked up to a valve stem. The only smoke machine I own is a ROOR. Both get the job done perfectly.

Happy boosting.

omertaitalia
(Member +)
01/23/12 02:31 AM

gotta love those roors, i myself rock a 14in beaker bottom rasta label. goin to mod?, lets blaze! threadjacked

AnotherNewb
(flutterdumper)
01/23/12 03:16 AM

Quoting Beaner:

The only smoke machine I own is a ROOR...

Happy boosting.

gotta love that glass

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/23/12 05:44 AM

Quoting DDM:

Quoting Alpha Male:

Explain to me how that's misinformation? Show me something anywhere where it sais its better to use the stock turbo feed line over a braided from the ofh. i to you because of your post count!

click

Read post #9, if you don't know Justin, He is a known Turbo Re-builder on Tuners, Learn to Research before posting mis information.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/23/12 05:52 AM

Quoting gramkrakr89:

Quoting Turbro_Negro:

`

yeah the evo3GT a chinese knock-off that never lasts long on performance builds.

PO of my car fed a BB Garrett from the OFH w/ no restrictor ... needless to say, the seals are non-existent now, but modding a restrictor into the feed banjo stopped most of the leaking/smoking... now the in/out shaft play is like 1/8"

I'd step back and research first.TurboChargers.com had a line of Turbos by BBL Group.It featured a Evo16g style compressor wheel and cover and a Cast Ported hot side with a 34mm Flapper. It uses the same rebuild kit as any MHI Tdo5h and is just as good. I have no issues with it.

EVO3GT 16g

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/23/12 06:06 AM

Quoting DDM:

Next time try to put in a reasonable argument so people can see that you are probably correct and im crazy and move on instead of “im doing it wrong? Fack off!” And its not misinformation because all MHI turbos have restrictors on them so the extra pressure wouldn’t hurt but the lack of might be a huge problem especially how 99% of us overboost the turbos as it is.

STFU! they are NOT on the turbo.....http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/maintenance-repairs/422266-evo3-16g-oil-feed.html

mikus
(weiterhin das Huhn f#$k)
01/23/12 02:58 PM

see page 40 on this topic

DDM
(Junior Member)
01/23/12 05:14 PM

Ait, ima just stop. No reason arguing with the whole forum. Yall can kiss each others asses all you want. Ill run my shit from the OFH with 20+psi all day long and you can keep rebuilding your shit

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/23/12 05:24 PM

You wanted proof, we gave you proof and you want to keep thinking your right, you are that 1% of car guys that can't admit you don't know shit. Congrats , someone change his name on the board .

gramkrakr89
01/23/12 05:27 PM

Quoting brunoboy:

Quoting gramkrakr89:

I'd step back and research first.TurboChargers.com had a line of Turbos by BBL Group.It featured a Evo16g style compressor wheel and cover and a Cast Ported hot side with a 34mm Flapper. It uses the same rebuild kit as any MHI Tdo5h and is just as good. I have no issues with it.

EVO3GT 16g

my bad...

the first thing I think when I hear "evo3gt 16g" is the cheap junk you find on ebay and random interwebs shops, often with that name attached...

I will watch my mouth from now on

I've never seen one in person with this compressor cover:

Man... I feel dumb now - lesson learned!

matt92vr4
(Member ++)
01/23/12 07:39 PM

The shop I use to work for installed many many many Chinese evo3 16g's and I never saw a problem. I had two on my Stealth and put down 550awhp. I probably put 10k miles on them before I sold the car and run 26psi all day. The ones we had were decent units. Obviously I would prefer real Mitsus but at $150 each brand new it was a good option. We also had the Chinese wastegates. They were OK but the springs were garbage. So, in my experience I would recommend Mitsu but would not be scared of the Chinese unit at the right price. The ones we had did not say "EVO III" on them.

Adorsey
(Member +)
01/24/12 11:17 AM

I got two 16g's on my bench, now wheres the restrictors?

And in your picture isn't that a STOCK OEM oil feed line to your td05 turbo...? Shouldnt you be running it from the OFH cause' racecar?

Go find some passive friends to rant your misinformation on. Oh and welcome to the site, your introduction was classy.

Diego
(Mad Hatter Suite Touche Debackle Guage filled by Justin)
01/24/12 12:20 PM

Quoting omertaitalia:

gotta love those roors, i myself rock a 14in beaker bottom rasta label. goin to mod?, lets blaze! threadjacked

If your at Factory MOD I will match.. . Lol this thread went wayyyyyyyy off hand.

maxash0775
(Member)
01/24/12 02:43 PM

^ your telling me! Lol. It is fun to see some people defend thierry point till the end.

Jesus_Negros
(Unempowered ADMIN)
01/24/12 03:12 PM

Man it aint fun being newb

SouthCaliVR4
(Gas Analyzer)
01/24/12 03:27 PM

^^^ Well, at least no ones talking body kits, Ohh, wait....

Jesus_Negros
(Unempowered ADMIN)
01/24/12 03:45 PM

yea and u was no help so stay outta my thread demi-noob.

Brunoboy
(Jesus Clips)
01/24/12 04:51 PM

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:

ROFL

AWDnot2
(Senior Member)
01/25/12 02:25 AM

Quoting DDM:

Not all boost leaks can be detected with a smoke air machine. What may not leak at 10psi, may leak at 21psi.

One of these..

pressurized to your maximum boost pressure and a spray bottle filled with soapy water is much more effective. Its not a valve stem, but the same concept.
I dealt with a nasty throttle shaft seal leak that was undetectable under 5psi. By 12psi, it was hissing like crazy. On a high performance turbocharged car, a smoke air machine is not sufficient.

BrandonEchols
(Snow White)
01/25/12 03:56 AM

Quoting brunoboy:

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:

ROFL

srsly

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page