Diego
(Mad Hatter Suite Touche Debackle Guage filled by Justin)
08/29/11 11:06 PM
New turbo setup..

So I sold my E316G to a member here and I sent it out and got it back in the mail, so I was able to get a side by side shot...

FP20G vs E316G

It is externally gated and I have an Ebay 38mm V-band Wastegate for it but dont plan on running it for safety factor that I WANT to know the spring pressure..

Does anyone have something cheap for me to buy and maybe a recirc or atmospheric dump for this...

biglady112
(or what)
09/01/11 11:39 PM
Re: New turbo setup..

You can hook it up to a compressor to see when it opens. Or just order your desired Tial spring. They usually fit and work just fine.

Diego
09/02/11 05:12 PM

I will try that.

spooling92vr4
(Yeah Toast! * Now with JELLY!!!)
09/04/11 07:59 PM

I think I have a spring or two laying around, it could take a few days for me to get out to my shop to grab it, Im not sure I remember what the rate is... (I remember putting 2 in for like 18psi) so that must have been the og spring... anyway if you pay for shipping its yours.

Diego
09/06/11 03:42 PM

As I expected, the 20G housing is huge and hits the waterpipe, anyone have any advice on how much of a dent i need to give the waterpipe clearance from the housing or is there another route?

Diego

Scott Y
(mighty skunk hunter)
09/06/11 07:00 PM

You do have to dent the waterpipe if you clock the compressor housing to point the outlet forward so you can use the stock i/c route over the manifold.
I don't have an exact measurement, I used the trial method of bending and installing until I had the clearances I wanted.

Diego
09/06/11 07:52 PM

Its down facing. Any of you CO people able to help a brother out and make way up here to offer advice or a helping swing as I don't have crap for tools atm.

Diego

DynastyLCD
(Dissapointing Member)
09/08/11 06:17 PM

Quoting Scott Y:

You do have to dent the waterpipe if you clock the compressor housing to point the outlet forward so you can use the stock i/c route over the manifold.
I don't have an exact measurement, I used the trial method of bending and installing until I had the clearances I wanted.

that explains why i didnt have to dent my water pipe. my FPgreen fits perfectly but then again it goes downwards.

i was able to slightly clock it up, and use a piece of stock 2g I/C piping (just for the 90 bend) and it fits a 1g short route FMIC kit without issue. the engine mount was the only obstacle.

Ian M
(waiting for the bus)
09/09/11 04:29 PM

Quoting Diego:

As I expected, the 20G housing is huge and hits the waterpipe, anyone have any advice on how much of a dent i need to give the waterpipe clearance from the housing or is there another route?

Diego

You need as much as it takes to get it to bolt on.

Seriously,It's been years ago now,but I remember having to dent mine slighty (my 20g is clocked up) also. I laid a socket against the pipe and hit it to make a smooth dimple that looked almost stock.

Diego
09/11/11 11:09 PM

Its in. Anyone have a link for new studs. Mine are just a bit rusty and I would like new hardware.

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page